Friday, January 4, 2013

At 5

Sadie Cake turned 5 today! Some things about my favorite 5 year old.

This week she told me there were only 3 things she wanted for her birthday, "A real phone, an iPod, and a tissue box." Megan informed her that she could probably count on getting one of those.

She is our grossest child and finds great humor in bathroom words.
 

She is a superb multi-tasker. I can give her a list of five items, such as, pick up those socks, put them in the laundry, turn off the bathroom light, make your bed, and tell Jackson to clean his room, and she will do them. In order.

She has a knack for accents. She is especially good at English and Italian accents, but also can do a superb southern belle.
 
(bunny pose)
 
She HATES the smell of gum. HATES IT! If we are in the car and she smells it, she responds by saying, "Ug, the smell, I can't stand it" and if she is sitting next to you while you are chewing it she will move away quickly.
 
The other day she asked Eric, "So, have you put any thought into where we are going for dinner tonight?"
 
 
She is willing to try new foods.

She is seriously bossy when it comes to her siblings, but is a peacemaker when it comes to her friends.
 
 
She asks Eric to cuddle with her every night. She prefers Eric because he falls asleep while cuddling, while I stay for awhile and then leave. Plus she loves him big time.

She sleeps with Bedtime Bear (of Care Bears fame) every night.
 
 

The other night Eric shut the door to her room when she was going to bed because Tucker kept going in there. He told her he would open it when he went to bed and then he forgot. She wasn't too happy about it, and the next night when he went to shut it again and told her he would make sure he opened it, she responded with, "Yeah right! We all know how well that worked out last time."

Although she has no other problems with language, she says "No I am'nt" on a regular basis. As in, "Sadie you are going to bed now", and she responds with, "No I am'nt." I never correct her.
 
 
She totally gets sarcasm, and uses it often.

Megan nicknamed her Ebenezer Sadie this Christmas season and she has embraced it.

She says her favorite singer is Taylor Swift, but her favorite song is Gangnam style.
 

When asked her favorite colors, she responded with, "black, white and blue."

Her favorite food is pizza.
 
 
She really dislikes having her hair combed and protests loudly every day when we do it. This morning while combing her hair she said to me, "I can't believe you are torturing me on my birthday!"

She has an independent spirit and is quite fine with doing things alone.
 
 
She does not like to show most of her emotions. If she is sad or embarrassed she almost always forces herself not to cry or goes into another room so no one sees her.

Although anger is an emotion she strangely has no trouble showing.
 
 
Every morning after breakfast she eats a pickle, quickly followed by a Slim Jim.
 
She loves to play games but if it is a long one she usually quits before it is over. As I finished typing this sentence Sadie quit a games she was playing with Jackson and he told her, "You can't just keep quitting games Sadie!"
 
 
She is full of personality, humor, and love. We can't get enough of her.

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Happy Birthday Sadie Sade! That girl is sure full of personality (in a good way :) I was looking at Taylor the other day and couldn't believe that she was going to be 5 this year. It just seems so old to me! I love that Sadie eats a pickle and a slim jim after breakfast every morning. I wonder what is with the smell of gum. I would usually like to smell gum than most people's breath!

chercard said...

I can't believe these girls are FIVE! She is adorable and regularly makes me laugh on your blog!

Rachael said...

I can't get over this girl! She is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!! Her comment to Eric about opening the door is hilarious!!!
She is the cutest!