I used to be sledding fearless! I would climb to the top of the hill, jump on my sled, and fly down. But all of that changed last year, after a truly disastrous experience. If you are a long time reader you may remember it. If not, here is a picture:
(If I ever need a laugh I just enlarge this picture and look at Jackson's face.)
My body may have recovered, but my mind and fearless sledding spirit did not.
However, when Amy suggested a trip to Mt. Charleston for sledding, I readily agreed, as I am loath to ever turn down an outdoorsy invitation.
After surveying the hills, we finally found a place that was fairly free of jumps and trees. After watching multiple children flying down the hill an unnatural speeds we convinced the kids to only hike halfway up before sledding down.
Sade, who last year despised sledding and did quite a bit of crying, loved it this year!
There were a number of adults at the bottom of the hill attempting to save children from hitting each other and hitting trees. Here Sade is on a collision course with a fellow sledder:
Jackson, who was not hurt last year, also had a fearless sledding experience.
I love watching Jackson and McKinna together. They exist in their own little world:
Megan, who remembers the pain of last year, was a little bit cautious:
After mildly hurting her tail bone she was done for the day.
Amy and I were nervous wrecks the entire time!
I don't even recognize myself anymore.
Jackson's baby snowman:
I felt tremendously thankful and experienced much relief when we packed up the car at the end of the afternoon all in one piece.
I was also thankful that the hat Jackson was wearing did this to his hair:
I am sure we will sled again, but I may have to take Valium to do it.
4 comments:
I admire your fearlessness...and I love the hat hair. :)
hahaha that picture with Jackson's face watching you is priceless!! Looks like you guys had a blast once the anxiety levels were under control :)
When we lived in Ogden I went down this huge hill and got a small concussion and actually skidded on my face. It cured me of my fearlessness :) I hear you on the nervouseness, my favorite part now is going home. Jason took Ty and Tay in December and I was nervous until they got home. I can't believe what a Nervous Nellie I've become! Jackson's hair is awesome! And I have to say again, I love your hat too :)
Love the hair! I really need to take my kids sledding! They haven't been in years...maybe only Alexis has ever been! YIKES!
Post a Comment