Just recently I was hearkening back to the days when Sadie would come into our room in the middle of the night to sleep with us. It hadn't happened for a few months so I believed those days were over.
Apparently not!
Just this past week she has shown up at my side of the bed around 1 am wanting to get in. I believe the blame rests with her new pillow pet. The pillow pet, added to her old pillow, places her head in an upright position that looks uncomfortable and I am positive ends up waking her up!
Apparently not!
Just this past week she has shown up at my side of the bed around 1 am wanting to get in. I believe the blame rests with her new pillow pet. The pillow pet, added to her old pillow, places her head in an upright position that looks uncomfortable and I am positive ends up waking her up!
Anyway....Saturday morning was one of the mornings she ended up waking up in my bed:

(FYI: The last two nights I have secretly pulled the pillow pet out from under her head before I go to sleep and she has slept through the night!)
Breakfast remnants of hot chocolate and toast:

While cleaning up breakfast I spied Tucker in his very favorite place in the house to sit. Propped up on a pillow, with his paws over the side of the couch:

Then I had my breakfast/lunch of champions:

Diet Coke, chocolate twizzlers, and peanuts.
After eating it was clean-up time! With school, homework and activities, my kids really don't do a very good job of keeping their rooms clean during the week, so Saturday morning is often a time of deep cleaning for them.

Sade and I making macaroni and cheese for lunch:

Meg and Sade doing a little early afternoon dancing:

After lunch Jackson and I headed to Target to buy a present for a birthday party he was going to that afternoon. The toy aisles were empty! They have lots of toys on clearance and obviously have not restocked since Christmas:

Also, I had no idea January was such a big birthday month! At least one of my kids has had (or will have) one party to go to every Saturday this month.
After I arrived home Megan and Sadie braved the cold weather and took Tucker out for a long walk:

Happily they ran into other neighborhood friends on their walk which I am sure made the cold more bearable.
I then picked up Jackson from his party, picked up pizza for the kids, and took my boyfriend out to dinner after he arrived home from work. Buca di Beppo:

We tried their new steak parmigiana, which I thought was flavorless and gross. Luckily the chicken carbonara was as good as always.
Bill paying:

After dinner we stopped at the mall to do a little returning. I had received (per my request) lounge wear clothing from the Pink store for Christmas. I was thrilled! But then sad to discover that those lounge pants are not made for someone my size. I have never minded being short, but a couple of extra inches would have been helpful in this situation. That store is a bit pricey so I am consoling myself with the thought I am saving so much money by not fitting into their clothes.
While at the mall I also picked up a new case for my phone!

I was reluctant to get an iPhone. I believed it was unnecessary and that I wouldn't use it. It turns out I was completely wrong! I adore it probably more than is healthy.
After the mall we came home, got the kids ready for bed, I prepared my primary lesson and Eric went to the airport to pick up Todd and Mallory (my brother and sister in law) who were getting back from a cruise and were spending the night with us before heading back to Arizona on Sunday.
Good day.
(FYI: The last two nights I have secretly pulled the pillow pet out from under her head before I go to sleep and she has slept through the night!)
Breakfast remnants of hot chocolate and toast:
While cleaning up breakfast I spied Tucker in his very favorite place in the house to sit. Propped up on a pillow, with his paws over the side of the couch:
Then I had my breakfast/lunch of champions:
Diet Coke, chocolate twizzlers, and peanuts.
After eating it was clean-up time! With school, homework and activities, my kids really don't do a very good job of keeping their rooms clean during the week, so Saturday morning is often a time of deep cleaning for them.
Sade and I making macaroni and cheese for lunch:
Meg and Sade doing a little early afternoon dancing:
After lunch Jackson and I headed to Target to buy a present for a birthday party he was going to that afternoon. The toy aisles were empty! They have lots of toys on clearance and obviously have not restocked since Christmas:
Also, I had no idea January was such a big birthday month! At least one of my kids has had (or will have) one party to go to every Saturday this month.
After I arrived home Megan and Sadie braved the cold weather and took Tucker out for a long walk:
Happily they ran into other neighborhood friends on their walk which I am sure made the cold more bearable.
I then picked up Jackson from his party, picked up pizza for the kids, and took my boyfriend out to dinner after he arrived home from work. Buca di Beppo:
We tried their new steak parmigiana, which I thought was flavorless and gross. Luckily the chicken carbonara was as good as always.
Bill paying:
After dinner we stopped at the mall to do a little returning. I had received (per my request) lounge wear clothing from the Pink store for Christmas. I was thrilled! But then sad to discover that those lounge pants are not made for someone my size. I have never minded being short, but a couple of extra inches would have been helpful in this situation. That store is a bit pricey so I am consoling myself with the thought I am saving so much money by not fitting into their clothes.
While at the mall I also picked up a new case for my phone!
I was reluctant to get an iPhone. I believed it was unnecessary and that I wouldn't use it. It turns out I was completely wrong! I adore it probably more than is healthy.
After the mall we came home, got the kids ready for bed, I prepared my primary lesson and Eric went to the airport to pick up Todd and Mallory (my brother and sister in law) who were getting back from a cruise and were spending the night with us before heading back to Arizona on Sunday.
Good day.
3 comments:
Kids in your bed is the worst. For me anyway, somehow it never phases Jason. (Not much does though :) They seems to always be kicking me, one night Taylor actually kicked me in the eye. That Tucker is Adorable! What is with Target? They have been bare for weeks, who knew we were in prime time birthday season!?! Being short is annoying. Growing up I always consoled myself with, well at least I'm cute. Nobody calls a 33 year old mother of 4 cute so now I am just short and still can't fit in the fun clothes :)
I know I am not really considered short but I hate my height! I would love to be 5'9".
I love my iPhone and am I glad you are enjoying yours! What cover did you get for yours?
Your breakfast looks absolutely disgusting! Chocolate Twizzlers....BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not participating in 12x12 this year...too much stress for one to handle!!! :)
I enjoy reading your posts :-) I'm with Kelli...I can't do children in my bed. Karl and the child seem to sleep ok but I'm over there just staring at the ceiling listening to breathing. I hate it. And I'm with you on the iPhone...I didn't have one for a long time and then finally, finally, got one and it has made my life complete :-)
Post a Comment