Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Break - Our Time In Arizona

Eric has been traveling, and traveling, and traveling the past couple of months. The week of Spring Break was no exception. We were unsure if he was going to make it home in time to take our mini-vacation to Arizona, but he did, albeit a day late.

On the way, Sade asked approx. 100 times if we were there yet, and then fell asleep in this cute position:




Upon arriving, our first activity was to watch the Easter pageant at the Mesa Temple. Holy huge production! I had no idea. I expected hundreds of people, not thousands! We enjoyed some pizza while waiting for the production to start.




The next day we embarked on the part of our mini-vaca that I was most excited about: The Wet-n-Wild Waterpark! I love a waterpark, and this one did not disappoint. I just have a few pictures, because I didn't want to be beholden to the camera.







Sadie, Sade. She is not much of a waterpark fan. This girl of mine would not go down the tiniest of slides, or even step foot in the wave pool. She sat on the sidelines the entire day. I was feeling a bit bad for her, but she insisted she was having fun.



The next day, after attending some Easter festivities, we took Uncle Todd geocaching. We found this one on an overpass:



And then this one in a fake compartment that someone had built and painted to make look like it was part of this power box. Seriously amazing:




It was super hot, so instead of going to the Phoenix Zoo like we had originally planned, we went swimming:



Eric, Jackson, Todd & Megan participated in what had to be the longest chicken fight in recorded history.






The victors!:



The next day (Easter), we packed up and headed home. Back to real life.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I love a water part too! I can't wait till the one here is open!!!!