Monday, April 16, 2012

Mother/Son Games 2012

Last Thursday was the Mother/Son Games at the kids school! Like I said previously, I made sure we wore matching outfits. Check out the picture creeper:



They had 10 different events for us to do. First we stopped at the hula-hoop station. I actually had a conversation with Megan earlier in the day about hula-hooping and mentioned that I didn't think I could do it anymore. Apparently I was wrong. I ended up winning. Suck that Rachael!



The boys ended up doing a bit of neck hula-hooping:



While outside we also participated in a rather violent soccer game with a ball about the size of the boys, and fought a tough battle of tug-of-war. I won't mention the winners, but it wasn't me and Jackson.

We tried the 3-legged race. Jackson had hurt his foot on the trampoline the day before, so it was a bit tough for us:



The balloon popping activity and sponge activity were quite a lot of fun:







After completing all of the outside activities we headed inside. We played a life-size game of Twister (no pics), and also had a whipped cream eating contest. Neither Jackson nor I really like whipped cream, so it was a bit torturous. But super fun all the same:



I look a bit like I am going to throw-up:




We also played a hula-hoop musical chairs type game:




Congratulations to Eli on winning!

And then ended the night by shooting some baskets. I would like to report that I made 2 out of 3! That has to be a new record.






Before leaving Jackson participated in another tug-of-war game against some moms. The boys didn't stand a chance:



I love my little Jackson and was so excited to spend this night with him.



He is a perfect little man.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun activity! I was sad I couldn't fit it into my crazy Thursday but who honestly wants to see a big pregnant lady hula hooping? Seriously I think I saved all the little children from some horrible memories :)

chercard said...

LOL @ suck that Rachael! Looks so fun!