But we pressed on, and did have a little fun. At first. Jackson and Sadie attempted some snow angels. I say attempted because the snow was solid ice, and therefore did not yield well to snow angels:
Sade and Jackson also tried to throw a few snow balls, but again, found it difficult since the snow was SOLID ICE:
Last time we went sledding (2 years ago), Sadie LOVED it. Flying down the mountain all by herself. This time, not so much......
Lots of whining and crying.
Jackson actually had quite a bit of fun. Except for the one time he plowed down a 6 year old girl on his way down the mountain (she cried a bit, but was fine). In his defense, she was playing right in the middle of where everyone was sledding! But other than that one mishap, he had a great, pain free time:
The same cannot be said for me. I originally did a little sledding on some minor hills, but then decided to change things up. I climbed to the top of a large hill, looked down and saw that it was riddled with bumps and jumps, thought to myself it was a bad idea, and then proceeded to go down anyway. I will now share with you an entirely unflattering picture of me, so you can see the impact after hurtling through the air:
(Enlarge to see Megan and Jackson's faces. Hilarious)
It felt like I had been in a car crash. I hurt my neck, back, butt, and elbow, and have the bruises to prove it! The kids, Megan especially, kept talking about how high I flew through the air.
Megan, had an encounter with a tree:
She came away uninjured, but obviously the same can't be said of the sled.
After a few more slides down the mountain, Eric, Megan and Jackson decided to make a train. The first attempt was loads of fun for everyone:
The second time down, everything started out fine:
But things soon changed. Eric broke away from the group, and Megan and Jackson came flying down the mountain at top speed:
And then, hit this giant ice snowball at the bottom of the mountain:
Megan's back took the brunt of the impact, and there were lots of tears. Eric mentioned that Megan's extreme ball attraction was at work once again. If there is a ball, even a giant snowball, anywhere near Megan it will hit her.
She recovered, but we decided to call it a day. Thank goodness.
We definitely wore Miss Sade out.
6 comments:
I had a 16 year old patient once that went sledding at Mt Charleston and hit a tree and ended up with a severe brain injury, like drooling and can't walk severe. Glad you all came away with no bleeding brains!!!
I feel your pain. It is so dangerous up there when it is ice. I loved Megan and Jackson's faces and thank you for posting the picture of your amazing run, it has made my whole day :)
I am laughing so hard! But truly sorry for your unfortunate landing :)
I went sledding as a kid in a train of people and we hit a big jump and everyone (adults) landed on top of me. I scraped up my entire face and got totally bumped and bruised all over. I've never been a fan of sledding since!
That picture of you flying and Jackson's face is priceless! That snow looked a bit too hard for fun but I applaud your adventurousness.
I also loved the picture Megan by the tree...awesome!
You are SO BRAVE! The cold weather would have been deterrent enough for me and after the first crash I would have packed everyone up.
Post a Comment