Friday, February 24, 2012

Five For Friday

1. Sometimes crappy things happen. I had one such crappy thing happen to me on Wednesday. I was in the living room when I heard a tremendous crashing noise coming from the laundry room. I rushed in and discovered that a brand new, completely full container of liquid laundry detergent had mysteriously fallen off a high shelf, and caused disaster.




It covered the floor, walls, cords, everything. Everthing EXCEPT our computer, which you may remember is in our laundry room. Hallelujah! I won't scandalize you with the details, but the cleanup was unpleasant.

2. A few hours later I started a load of laundry, and then went to Chipotle with Eric. While there I received a distressing call from Megan who informed me she had just gone in the laundry room/office and discovered water covering every inch of the floor! We rushed home to discover a pipe behind the washing machine had cracked. What are the chances that I would have two (TWO!) laundry room disasters in the same day? This time the computer was not so lucky, and had water on it. BUT, we wiped if off and it seems to be working fine. Hallelujah again!

3. My new dishwasher arrived yesterday! As I tried to get a picture of it, I got these pictures instead:



But I did get one of the inside. Very pretty.



I went with black, for one because it was cheaper, but mostly because I don't feel like putting more money than I have to into my house, given the extreme housing crisis. It is a quandary.

4. It was my turn to teach pre-school this week! Pre-school affords me the opportunity to do crafty things I would probably NEVER do in my normal life. Lucky little Sade gets to have the type of mom Megan and Jackson did not get to have. The kind that makes things. Like play-dough.



And dyed pasta for necklaces:



5. Lastly I thought I would share a picture of what my living room looked like 5 minutes after the kids got home from school on Wednesday.



Hilarious. I might add that it was completely clean before they arrived, and 95% of the mess is Jacksons doing. Good thing he is so lovable.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

How did you even clean up that detergent!!?? I can't imagine! I am excited that you got a new dishwasher! Poor Sadie is out of a job though!
Glad to see its not just my kids who leave traces of themselves around the house!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck what are the odds of two laundry incidents in one day? I would have just shut the door and declared the room a disaster zone. The playdoh is still giving Taylor hours of fun. Thanks so much!

chercard said...

I've had the laundry detergent disaster as welll except mine was a child who took off the lid and poured it on the floor! My house looks the same as yours (or much worse) after the kids descend after school! I always wonder why I clean it before they get home??