First little Meg. Although I had to miss her awards assembly (it tore my heart out) due to having to pick Eric up at the airport, she brought home her award for A/B Honor Roll for last quarter. I also received a super nice e-mail from her Science teacher letting me know how wonderful my Meggie is. I am not entirely sure that every middle school parent did not receive the same e-mail (let me know if you did too), but regardless, she is quite amazing. And he is a truly amazing teacher. My kids are so lucky.
Jackson. Although they do not give out awards for Elementary school, Jackson received all A's last quarter. In his report card Jackson's teacher said, "Jackson is a delight!" I couldn't agree more. We also received some excellent news about his reading scores. The past few months, Jackson has developed a voracious LOVE of reading. Be still my heart. And it has paid off. At the beginning of the year he was reading at a third grade level. After the first quarter he was reading at a 4th grade level. But now his reading score is 7.6 which is comparable to that of an average seventh grader after the sixth month of the school year. He scored greater than 99% of students nationally in the same grade!
Not to be outdone, Sade also demonstrated her brilliance by being the only student in Kiddie College that can write her own name. Way to go little Sade.
Lastly, Eric and I demonstrated our dedication to our kids schooling by attending Pastries with Parents last week. I didn't really want to go since it meant getting up earlier than usual, which is my most hated thing. But I did it. However, I didn't get up early enough to actually shower and make myself presentable, so I went like this:

I really need to look deep inside myself to find a way to become a morning person.
2 comments:
Way to go Megan, Jackson, and Sadie!!
I agree. Your kids are great! And I'm glad you were at Pastries with Parents! :)
Post a Comment