Megan didn't feel like eating, but Jackson and Sadie did. Jackson often sits on the table to eat his breakfast. I am inconsistent in making him sit in his chair, and chose to ignore it Sunday morning.
While blow drying my hair I continued my Bible reading. It's coming along. I think my kids would totally freak out if I read them the Old Testament. It is quite graphic, and full of sex and bloodshed! I struggle talking about Nephi chopping off Laban's head. I can't imagine if I had to discuss all of the ins and outs of the Old Testament. Maybe in a few years. For now we are reading bible stories out of a book geared towards children.
Jackson and I ready for church.
I am now a Primary worker, and feel like it is more work than Young Women's! I brought my camera, and managed to snap this blurry photo. I didn't have a lick of time to take a better one. I am crazy busy with the 7 year olds.
After getting home I noticed a pool of water coming out from underneath the sink. We have had a leak for some time, but it had gotten worse. Thank goodness Eric is handy. I can't imagine the money we would have to spend if he wasn't.
After lunch Jackson and Eric spent some time playing a new game that is akin to RISK on the phone. Megan and Sadie did their best to distract them.
Megan was feeling remarkably healthy after church. Unusual for her, since when she gets sick she is normally out for days. It almost made me believe she had been faking the earlier illness. But she really did look terrible that moring. The kids eventually went outside to play in the backyard. Eric and I joined them, and got quite a lot of jumping in ourselves.
After playing for a while, Eric and I went on a bike ride. Alone. We rode the wash trail, and finally made it to the end. The kids always get tired and want to turn back when we get to Centennial.
Dinner. I made a pasta dish for the first time and don't intend to make it again. It wasn't horrible, but not great either. I think out of every 10 dishes I cook, pasta dishes comprise 7 of them.
After dinner Sade worked on her Valentines. She insisted on having Dora Valentines with attached suckers. Have I mentioned that I buy my kids Valentines at the store every year, and feel absolutely no guilt that I don't do anything creative. Not one ounce of it. But I am impressed by those of who help your kids make creative homemade ones.
I was in charge of bringing a weaving Valentine craft basket (I'm sure that makes no sense) for Sadie's pre-school party the next day. I found the web-site that explained how to do it, and then put Eric in charge of it. He figured it out, and then explained it to me. It was complicated. Very complicated. I determined that there was absolutely no way a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds would be able to do it, so we simplified.
What would I do without my handy, game playing, trampoline jumping, bike riding, crafty, sexy husband? I hope I never find out.
4 comments:
both my boys have had a bout of throwing up in the night (jacob sunday and michael tuesday) and then are perfectly fine the next day, wonder if it is some strange bug working it's way around church/school.
We've had a couple of short lived bugs as well. I have a handy hubby and love it as well! We buy the commercial valentines too and I am totally okay with it too. Although Emma made her 6 valetines for preschool but they were nothing fancy, construction paper hearts she decorated with stickers.
LAME....store bought Valentines! LAME!!! Just kidding! I think this year Eli's Valentines were cheaper than what I would have spend at the store!
I am sad I missed 12x12 but thankful I missed a Sunday 12x12...it would have been a whole lot of nothing!!!
I didn't see Ryder's woven heart--either he refused to make one or it got lost coming home. Thank goodness for helpful husbands!
Post a Comment