Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sade's 4th Birthday Celebration!

Sade had been sick the week of her birthday. She was feeling better, but her cough remained. Like all coughs, it was exacerbated by running around, jumping, and general rough housing. Well, Sade has been telling us for months that on her birthday she wanted to go to Flip- n-Out. So when it got closer to her birthday and I realized her cough was still sticking around, I tried to dissuade her. Eric and I knew that jumping would send her into a severe coughing fit, and knew we had to put the kibosh on it. I gave her multiple options of other things to do, but she refused EVERY SINGLE ONE. Finally I had to lie, and tell her Flip-n-Out was not open that night. It was either that, or listen to a crying, whining fit the entire night. I am somewhat comfortable with my decision. 

Just to note:  Prior to the lie, I had tried to reason with her multiple times, but she was irrational, and would not accept my reasoning. But the untruth worked, and she accepted that we would go just as soon as her cough vanished, and they were open!

We started the festivities off with a few pictures, and present opening:




Opening Jackson's present:




Tackling him as a thank you:



Opening Megan's present and then tackling her:






She saved her big present for last. It ended up being just what she wanted: A Princess Kitchen!




I wanted a picture with Sade, but she refused to smile until Eric bribed her with a quarter to use in a toy machine at Cici's pizza (where she chose to eat):



It worked!



At Cici's:





After eating, since Sade did not want to do anything else, we went home to put her presents together and play with them. The Princess Kitchen was ridiculously difficult and time consuming to put together, but luckily we have Jackson who is excellent at things like that:





I attended Young Women's (It was my last night, since I was released last week), then came home for cake and ice cream. My cake decorating skills were stellar as always:






It only took her about 6 tries to blow them out. Happy Birthday Baby Sade!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I love Cici's pizza! Good choice Sadie!!! Cute kitchen! I can't believe she is 4!

Kellie DeMille said...

What a great big brother that Jackson is. I still have scars from last year when we got the girls a mini kitchen. I love that you are documenting the lies you tell, but the kids are going to read them in a few years and call you on them :) Happy Birthday Sadie!!!!