Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Household Tidbits

1. Did I mention that I received a Kitchenaid for Christmas! From my in-laws. I was thrilled, and totally surprised. Since then, I have been a bread making fool. White, wheat, banana.




But am having a bit of trouble. The middle of the bread comes out of the oven seeming almost doughy. Not to the extreme, and by the next day it seems fine, but if you have any helpful hints, I would love to hear them.

2. My dishwasher has given up the ghost.


Honestly it has been on the outs for about 2 years, but I have refused to entertain the thought it would eventually die. It is original to the house and thereby is 10 years old. So, this past week I have been hand washing everything, and am not enjoying it much. But I am torn. Do I buy a nice dishwasher, or the cheapest? My natural inclination is to go cheap. After all, my last cheap dishwasher lasted 10 years.



3. I am working on a Blurb book for 2011. It is fairly torturous, and time-consuming. I am currently on July, and am worried that is going to be 500 pages. I have no ability to edit out pictures. I want to include them all. But I can't wait for the finished product!

"Any bread making tips?"
"Do I buy a nice dishwasher?"
"Have you used Blurb, or another company to make a blog book?'
"Was it user friendly?"

4 comments:

chercard said...

Our dishwasher will go out and then start working again randomly...so strange. So maybe yours will start working again in a few days?? :)

We are going to buy a super nice industrial strength dishwasher because we use it A LOT and I dont feel like our cheap one does a very good job.

No bread making tips from me....the only kind I am good at is french bread.

I started a blog book once and quit because it was so overwhelming!

Kellie DeMille said...

We upgraded to a "nice" dishwasher and my only suggestion is don't get a silverware rack on the door. The door is constantly gross and is now permanently stained. I thought it would save so much space for more dishes but the silverware is never very clean. I also have an issue with the new one because we got stainless and it never looks clean because of all the tiny fingerprints :)

Rachael said...

Maybe a middle of the line dishwasher. Bummer you've been doing it by hand! PAIN!!!!
Bread....wish I could help!!!
We chatted already about the blog book...good luck!

Jossie said...

We got a middle of the road dishwasher and I LOVE it!