Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Eve - 2011

Christmas Eve was low-key, nice, and perfect this year. We had Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner, which is not somewhere I ever go, and it was surprisingly highly enjoyable! Who knew? We started the festivities off by each opening a present:


Sade's went first. She decided to open a present Jackson gave her. I happened to know what this present was (a Princess phone that she had lost months ago, and Jackson found under the couch), and tried to dissuade her. But, she insisted. I was a bit worried she would be disappointed, but she was thrilled! She kept telling Jackson, "Thank you, I love it", over and over again:


Jackson's present ended up being HotWheels Wall Tracks, which was the number one item on his Christmas wish list:


Megan ended up opening these boots, which she LOVED:


I opened up a necklace from Megan, which was beautiful:


And Eric opened up this cool Christmas tie, so he could wear it to church in the morning:


Then we decorated Gingerbread houses. I bought this awesome 5 house kit, so each of us decorated one. Well, except for Eric. He was too busy hot gluing the houses together, and ran out of time:


We did some Santa tracking:


And of course, left some treats and milk for Santa and the reindeer:


Then we eagerly awaited the big mans arrival.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I use to enjoy KFC...but not so much lately...the one by Somerset closed.
Next year I want a relaxing Christmas Eve at home.