Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Grand Canyon - Day 2

On Day 2, we checked out of our hotel room, and then waited for Eric to finish his job so he could explore the Canyon with us.


While waiting, we had lunch, and played lots of games:


And then we were off! It was very bright:



We decided to take a drive on a road that is only open to cars during the months of December, January, and February. The rest of the year it is only open to shuttle buses. It had 9 different "official" overlooks.








It was quite snow-packed in places. Not comforting when you could slip on ice and plunge to your death:



The Grand Canyon has awesome hiking opportunities, but the only hiking we did was on paved walkways to and from our car:



The Grand Canyon is beautiful! And not to worry, my orneriness had subsided by this point.

1 comment:

Kellie DeMille said...

The picture of Jackson looking like the king of the world is awesome. I wonder how many people actually fall in the Grand Canyon every year. I know I would be klutzy enough to do just that!