Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Arizona Highlights - Part 1

The day after Christmas we packed up and headed down to Arizona for the week. Here are a couple of highlights from our first few days.

1. The main purpose of our trip was to see Mallory & Todd (my brother and sister in law) get sealed in the Mesa Temple!



We ALL adore both of them, and were excited as always to see them.



Eric's parents, and Nate & Autumn (another brother and sister in law) were also there.

2. Uncle Derek was there too! He saved the day and watched SEVEN kids for 4 hours while we were at the temple.



Not only did he watch them, but he took them all to the park, and then to a movie, where he he treated them to slushies as big as my forearm. No joke.
3. The kids had ample opportunity to play with their cousins. Which meant I barely saw them.



Sadie and Brenden (who Sadie LOVES - big time).






4. We stayed at a house that Eric's parents had rented out for the week. And since we were with Eric's family, we stayed up late every night playing games. Woo-hoo!



5. We also swam! My sister-in-laws mom lives in Arizona, and was nice enough to let us use her pool. Not only was it heated (to like 90 degrees), but it was also 70 degrees in Arizona, so my kids swam for hours:







Although my kids had a great time, and Eric was having a great time golfing with his dad and brothers, I was having a low-down awful day. I had had a lot of stress the week or two prior and it seemed to all come to a head on this particular day. It wasn't pretty. I was to put it mildly, a mess. I will blame it on hormones (but not pregnancy ones!).

6. After Eric finished golfing, we said goodbye to his family, and headed off to the Grand Canyon. We stopped for pizza on the way, and while biting into a piece, Jackson lost one of his front teeth. It was a little bit of cheery news, to bring me out of my depression:



Stay tuned for my RIVETING post about the Grand Canyon!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm sorry you weren't having a good day...why not blog about it! Let it out Sarah!
How fun to swim in January! I'm too cheap to heat the pool!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

What a good Uncle to take all the cousins on and do so many fun things with them. What a fun way to lose a tooth, in the pizza!