Friday, January 13, 2012

12 X 12 - January 2012

This is my 3rd year of 12 X 12's! They are some of my very favorite posts (certainly not because they are so enthralling), but because they so accurately capture our daily life. And this 12 X 12 is no different.

Jackson. He is a bit ball obsessed. If he is at home, he has a ball in his hand. Bouncing it, throwing it, kicking it. I allow it to a point. Bouncing, and throwing a ball in the air don't bother me too much. But throwing a ball across the room and kicking tend to get him in trouble.



While Megan and Jackson got ready for school, Sade and I did a little bit of playing on her Barbie computer.  Many of the games require the user to be able to read, which means I also get lots of playing time too.



Megan applying her lip gloss before school:



It was my turn to carpool (insert frowny face emoticon). The kids and I hopped in the car, crossed our fingers, and prayed it would start. Luckily, with quite a bit of key pushing and jiggling, it did! My starter seems to be going out, and I am just trying to keep it working until Eric gets back into town and can fix it.



When I got home, I cleaned the house. I usually do all my cleaning in the afternoon, but am trying to turn over a new leaf and start it earlier.



Then I took Miss Sade to pre-school. While taking this picture she said to me: "Really Mom!? I am just going to take off my seat belt and you are taking a picture of me!"



After running a few errands, I had some time before Sadie was finished with school, so I was able to read for awhile in the car. I was parked in the shade, with my window rolled down, and it was near perfect. I am currently reading the Bible (which I have never read, cover to cover!), and I have to say I am loving it! Who knew?



Jackson has been asking me all week to take him to the park so he could play with all of his different balls, and kick them as high as he wanted to. He also wanted to make sure a friend that loves sports as much as he does, could also attend. So yesterday afternoon, his dream came true:



On the way home from the park we picked up Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner. I enjoyed it so much on Christmas Eve, I wanted to have it again.



Captured Jackson with another ball:



The kids conferring over something at the table:



Before bed they played a little ping-pong on the table. More ball fun!



Just another day in paradise.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love your 12x12's, I can't believe you have faithfully done them for 3 years, I am quite impressed. I always start them and then I fall apart mid afternoon and can't take any more pictures of my day. Mid afternoon is always ugly at our house, maybe I should just document them and try to find the root of the mid afternoon madness :)

Erin Camp said...

I love your 12 x 12's as well!