Yesterday Eric had a quick job to do in
Beatty, NV so the kids and I decided to go with him. While Eric was completing his job the kids and I hung out in the giant candy, ice cream store next door.


After he finished we headed up the road to
Rhyolite (A ghost town about 4 miles west of
Beatty).

Check out the guest book. We were the first ones to sign it in a month. It was cool having the whole place to ourselves.
8 comments:
What an interesting place to visit. Thanks for sharing. I love the driving pictures!
I can't stop laughing about the lady of the desert sculpture. Classic! Why was a penguin following the prospector?
Very cool. The ghosts are cool! Does this place see much action? Well I guess it is a ghost town!!!
I enjoyed those pictures. I knew there was a ghost town, but had no idea what was there exactly.
Looks so fun. I bet I could get a little old house there for really cheap. If things don't work out for us in town, maybe we'll move there. I will probably have to learn how to get along with rattlesnakes though.
You guys are so cute!
I haven't checked out any blogs for so long, but I am glad I finally did, this looks like a great place to visit! I did have to laugh at the artwork though! I know I am sooo mature.
Sounds like you had a fun adventure!! You should get the Little House on the Prairie books at the library for Megan to read. She could probably take those on with no problem. Or you could read them to her. It would be a good summer break activity!! I am a Little House on the Prairie lover myself. I don't think my boys would go for it. I have Cj reading "The Trumpet of the Swan"!! So far so good!!
You guys are so fun to go touring! Your family is just darling, you look beautiful, your little Sadie is growing up way to fast, and that place you visited was really neat!
Post a Comment