Many of you may not know what the
PBA stands for but those of you who are talented bowlers like Eric and I realize that I am talking about The Professional Bowlers Association. That's right, for out date night this week we went bowling! Does anyone find the term "date night" kind of corny? When I use it I conjure up images of old married couples (oh wait, that's me). Anyway, we started off the night eating at Claim Jumper. I wanted to get the pot roast, but of course it is now off the menu. As my Jackson would say (not with my blessing), "What the?". So I settled for the Black Tie Pasta which is very enjoyable. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but Eric ordered the ribs, and they were humongous.

After dinner, we headed out to bowl. I have two things to say. #1) I don't think we have bowled since we got the
Wii, and I forgot how physically demanding it was. #2) Bowling without kids is
sooooooo much quicker.


There was some sort of major league
tournament going on and they actually brought bleachers in for the crowd. Who knew there were so many spectators?

If I had to give myself a bowling label, I believe it would be inconsistent. I can bowl a strike in one frame, and turn around in the next and bowl a gutter ball.

Eric was much more consistent, and kicked my behind. Talking of behinds, there was a couple next to use that was showing extreme amounts of
PDA, involving lots of slapping of behinds, and lots of tongue! Ooh, la la.
"Did you ever have the pot roast at Claim Jumper?
Are you okay with the term "date night?
Do you like to bowl?"
How do you feel about PDA?"
6 comments:
I don't know if i have had the pot roast there but I LOVE pot roast! Date night does seem corny...we need to come up with another term...marriage bonding? I love to bowl but think I would throw out my back with being pregnant...or make a fool of myself and fall all over the place. PDA...a kiss here or there is fine-a KISS...not a tongue bath kiss and please-no groping! That is nasty!! Good thing your kids weren't there!
I have not had the pot roast but I love their meatloaf. Hadn't really thought about "date night" but I think Rachael's "marriage bonding" is worse. I do like to bowl and I am not to bad. My kids usually beat me on the wii though. PDA must be at a minimal.
Sarah! It was PDA off. Don't you know the rules of bowling next to couples? If they do one thing you've got to one up them. That was pretty tame compared to some of the PDA offs I've seen, only butts and tongue you got off easy.
I always want to call it "Clam" Jumper. Also, we bowl the same. I get excited because I get a strike and then I get a gutter and realize how bad I really am. Although, I think the last time I went bowling I was probably with you so it's been a while.
How are you guys? You are so funny I love reading your posts. Yes I have had the pot roast at Claim Jumper. In fact, I have only been there once and have only had the pot roast there. It was delicious. I think I am okay with the the term date night because we rarely go on dates so when we do go I don't really care what we call it. I like to bowl and Mmmm I have mixed feelings about PDA. Depends who what and where.
Never been to claim jumper. We will have to go if we ever get to Nevada. I love Date Night! I like bowling and like you I am very inconsistent!! As for PDA A peck here a bum smack there is okay but please no tongue!! Makes others very uncomfortable I think!!
Post a Comment