I am wondering why I have felt incredibly busy this week, when in fact I have had hardly any commitments. I wake up almost every day thinking there is something I am forgetting to do, but just can't remember what it is. Yesterday that thing was Jackson's soccer class. Disappointing for him and for me (I really love to watch). My memory has quite rapidly declined with the birth of each of my children. Anyway, some things to note about this week.
1. I will start by documenting a few of the cheap or completely free things I have acquired.

First up this Jeep I purchased for $10 at the D.I. It was missing a battery but I thought to myself that can't be much money, so I bought it. Well apparently it needs at 12 volt battery and of course the special quick charger, so the final product wasn't as cheap as I hoped it would be. But about $100 dollars later, Jackson and Sadie are very happy, which makes me very happy.



All of this stuff, along with numerous books, a big wheel, clothes, and movies I received for FREE last night at Enrichment. You can imagine my excitement when I found the tap shoes and all of the fingernail polishes, since my dream is to learn to tap dance, and fingernail polish is my most favorite gift to get.

Lastly, my obsessive eating at
Chipotle has paid off (Not for me, but for 10 other lucky people). Since I am such a loyal customer I get to pick 10 people to give lunch to. I wish I could pick all of my friends, but it is supposed to be my favorite charity, kids school, day care providers, etc. Very cool of them.
2. Just a couple of pictures of Sade.

She is very, very active, and tries her very best to keep up with Megan and Jackson. This week she has a set of skinned knees the likes of which I haven't seen in some time. The other one is even worse but she didn't want to sit still for the pictures.

Check out these dirty feet. My kids are often barefoot, and Sadie enjoys purposely stepping in the oil cars have left behind.
3. The one benefit to getting 4 Sunday newspapers, is that there are plenty of Sunday comics to go around. Megan and Jackson both love spreading them out to read them each week.


4. My house is a mess. I will not post a picture, because it will depress you. Because of my strangely, phantom busy schedule, I have neglected certain chores, like laundry (my nemesis) and now I am feeling overwhelmed. Big Sigh!!
5. On a happy note, tonight we are going to the Circus!!!! If you have never been to see Ringling Bros. I highly recommend that you go. Just don't buy snacks, such as cotton candy while you are there. If I remember right, last time we went cotton candy was going for $10 a piece!
"Do you think the Jeep purchase was a good idea?
Do your kids seem to get as dirty as mine?
Do you still read the Sunday comics?
Does your house ever seem to overwhelm you, and do you HATE doing laundry"
And lastly, Who in there right mind would charge $10 for cotton candy?"
8 comments:
Unfortunately my children'd feet do get very dirty more often than not. The jeep is a great idea. We have a four-wheeler just like it. I hate laundry. I have a sign hanging in my lauhdry room that says "Is there life after laundry?" I think not. It never ends. I have many weeks like yours. Only 3 more days of school though. There is something to look forward to and not be overwhelmed about. YEAH!
In answer to your many questions. My feet get that dirty walking around - let alone my kids (which don't go barefoot). I still love to read comics, and at times I will wrap birthday gifts in the paper! My house gets to me at times. I have to get out and away, and then I come back and try to tackle one room at a time. Some days are better than others. Hang in there. I have come to the realization that the laundry will never be completely done, and it will always be there for me to do. Therefore I am alive because there is laundry to do. I am special! $10 for Cotton Candy is a rip off!
I have been feeling overwhelmed lately!! Dirty feet means dirty floor which means extra mopping. Swimming means extra laundry, towels and swimsuits!! School is out which means extra kids saying mom all day long!! I think I am going crazy and it is only the 2nd day of summer break. Maybe the fact that it has been rainy and cloudy hasn't helped. Anyway I will catch up but a few days of not keeping on top of things makes everything seem a mess. Sometimes I wonder why clean it will be dirty again in about 10 seconds!! People keep telling me someday I will miss these days!! I know i will but sometimes it is exhausting!! Am I venting!!! AHHHH!!
I can't believe you got the jeep for that cheap! We have the exact one and paid around $200 maybe a bit more. So be happy! The kids looked like they were having fun in it the other day. Currently, everything is overwhelming. So the house is a complete disaster and I am sure our laundry load is huge. I love doing laundry, it's the folding and putting away I hate. My kids are dirty a lot- especially their feet.
So, what was the enrichment activity where you scored all the free stuff? I think I need to suggest something similar... I love how active your kids seem to be, and fearless too. Cotton candy makes me gag a little. On a totally different note, I've been watching Wheel of Fortune lately because it comes after Friends reruns and it totally reminds me of you.
I think if the jeep makes your kids happy then it was totally worth it! Tyler's feet get SUPER dirty every day even if he is wearing shoes :-) I don't read the comics anymore but don't really know why I don't...I used to love them. I HATE chores! The worst is when the house is clean but when I leave for a party or something else, Karl sucks at cleaning up after himself! I just get mad when I get home and don't like him very much for a minute...I might have to chat with him about that. And $10 for cotton candy is lame...but I would probably buy it at least once :-)
I'm sure your house isn't too bad. I am hosting a bridal shower next Sat. and the bride offered to come the day before to help me clean my house. Because it will obviously take a day to clean the disgustingness we live in. I am a bit insulted and have decided I will not speak to the bride again if she lives through this bridal shower:)
I think all your finds are great! (Still kicking myself for not taking that cute pink skirts, I came up with big plans for after I got home!) Can't wait for the Enrichment to have a talent show so you can use your tap shoes! I also hate laundry, just check out my laundry room!
Post a Comment