I am actively soliciting advice. My little Jackson who is 4 will not go to
pre-school. He went all last year with no problem, and has been mostly fine all this year, but now he just cries and cries and says he doesn't want to go. He is fine until we get there and then he breaks down. Today I told him that if he came home with me he would not get any candy during the day (a really big deal to him) and he would have to play in his room during the time he was supposed to be at
pre-school. He still chose to come home. So I am asking you, what do you think I should do. Next year he starts kindergarten and
obviously he has to go to that, but do you think it will be an easier or harder transition for him if I let him drop-out of
pre-school? I don't think he is having a bad experience at
pre-school, he just seems worried about me leaving him. I should mention that some days he goes just fine, but on others he freaks out. Do you think it is just a phase? What would you do?
8 comments:
Probably a phase. Tyler went through a phase of not wanting to go and i told him I would stay for a few minutes (i always set 5 minutes or something) and then I would go no matter if he was crying or not. He did stay home a couple of days and I did make him stay in his room during that time and eventually he was fine with school. I think a lot of it depends on the child...good luck!
Oh Sarah...you know I feel for you! That is crazy! I bet it is a phase he is going through! It has to be! He is always so good to go! I like that you told him he has to stay in his room during that time. When Eli went home from church yesterday he wasn't allowed to get on the computer or watch TV until church was out!
I hope this passes for you!
I don't know what to tell you. My little one that is your son's age won't participate in his gymnastics class or swimming lessons. We stopped gymnastics, but he is going to have to learn to swim some time. If you find a solution, let me know!!! :)
When Bryan was going to kindergarten, he decided that he didn't want to go anymore. So, we got a chart (a calendar), and I let him put stickers on each day that he went with no fuss. Each day he would get a small reward. if he went to school all 5 days we went to McDonalds and played. That was his favorite thing to do at the time. Hope this helps...
Did Jackson go to the funeral? Maybe that had more of an impact then you think. Talk to him!! It could just be a phase. He will get bored eventually and want to be with his friends!!
My 2 cents:
I think it's just a phase.
I think it will pass.
(Would his teacher mind if you stayed for a day or two?)
Someday soon preschool will be doing something so fun that you can slip out and say "I'll be right back for you" and he'll be okay with it.
Jackson,
Hey buddy. Your friends and I have missed you SO MUCH the past few days at pre-school. Monday we learned the letter "M" for McClellan. Today we played with Marshmallows and M&M's, we ate them too!!! We hope you will come and play with us on Friday when we have our Movie day! We miss you!!!
-Miss Sheree :)
I have no idea what is going on. I do know that in 3rd grade Jacob would not go to school for a period of time. I can't remember the details my Mom tried staying with him for a little bit at school but he was a mess when she left. I think what my Mom did was have my Dad take him to school for a little while and it worked - I am not sure if they did anything else.
Post a Comment