"Grass"I truthfully don't spend much time on the grass. I am quite allergic to it, and usually end up with red marks on the parts of my body that touch it. However, as a child I spent quite a bit of time on the grass, without many ill effects. I do however remember having to jump up many times because I was laying on ants that were now all over my body. I think most of the time I was on the grass I was practicing cartwheels. Let me just tell you, if you attempt these as an adult, prepare yourself before hand. They are much easier to do as an eight year old. It was much harder than I remember. After doing a couple (to get a picture of myself mid-air), I was worn out. I was out of breath, and my back, one leg, and one arm all hurt. But it was kind-of fun.
19 comments:
i want to send you an olympic medal for that cartwheel!!
(oh, wait, i *might* just be giving something away about next month's spt...)
sshhhh!
That cracks me up. Were you taking the picture yourself or did you have someone else holding the camera? Too funny.
My girls just asked me the other day to whow them a cartwheel - a one handed one - and I about fell on my face! It was so much easier when I was a young cuss! Love your SPT PHoto Sarah!
You are hilarious Sarah! I love that you did this. Why can't I remember each week that I am suppose to be IN the picture! I forgot again! I am a rule breaker for sure!
I ran outside and took a new picture so I am in one of the pictures...enjoy!
WooHoo - You cartwheeling girl you.
I tried a few months ago and failed miserably. I don't think people over 40 should attempt them!
I never really conquered the cartwheel thing, even at 8 years old. I'm duly impressed. Did you use a self timer? I'm doubly impressed!
That is too funny. Last night for FHE the kids & I were all doing cartwheels too. I tried to show the kids how to do a 1 handed one & kept putting my other hand down, because I couldn't do it anymore...
Did you ever do the "Death Drop" as a kid?
How did you manage that picture? Kudos to your kids if they took it!
I haven't attempted a cartwheel in years! Can't imagine what would happen if I tried.
I love that you did a cartwheel for this! I still can't do one!
That is the most awesome picture ever!!! You are so hilarious-I'm serious, that is an awesome picture-something to be proud of and worth the agony afterwards:)
I am impressed. Not sure I could do a cartwheel or even be brave enough to attempt anymore. Very nice cartwheel.
Nice....
I loved cartwheeling as a kid too. We had a big lawn and we would have contests to see who could cartwheel all the way around the house. Now, I can only do two. What has happened to me?
wow- way to go!
I don't think I will try it. I could not do one well when I was younger. I don't think I have improved any!
its totally true, i found there was alot more weight to flip around and the landing kinda hurt! fun spt take!
I did a few cartwheels over the 4th of July (my little sis is a cheerleader) and I swear I pulled a few muscles! I used to be awesome at them. I agree that they are much easier as an 8 year old.
I'm impressed too! Jason told me one day that he did think i could do a cart wheel anymore so to prove him wrong i tried but...let's just say..he was right..just this one time though!!!! j/k anyway U R awesome!!!!
Sarah- You have beautiful form with your cartwheel. I did one a few months ago for my children and began to see floating stars around me when I was done. Jesse doesn't believe me that I use to do back flips. You have got me motivated to prove him wrong!
Impressive!!!! You are so tiny, I thought it was a picture of Megan at first. I love all your SPTs - they always make me laugh!
Post a Comment