
"Shade"
When we first moved into our home they had already planted one tree and a few plants in our front yard. This is what it looked like:
For a while I wasn't sure if our little tree would make it. We get a lot of wind here and a lot of the trees in the neighborhood had succumbed to it. But luckily, our little tree didn't, and 6 years later it has grown to provide SHADE for the entire front of our house. It keeps a lot of the direct sunshine out, so our kitchen is not so super hot all day. I am so thankful we have it.


For a while I wasn't sure if our little tree would make it. We get a lot of wind here and a lot of the trees in the neighborhood had succumbed to it. But luckily, our little tree didn't, and 6 years later it has grown to provide SHADE for the entire front of our house. It keeps a lot of the direct sunshine out, so our kitchen is not so super hot all day. I am so thankful we have it.
12 comments:
it's amazing how much difference on tree can make on those hot days.
wowzer!! what kind of tree is that? i love that it has grown so much in 6 years.
every time i plant a little sapling, i try to envision getting a shade tree like that. woe is my and my sandy soil...
i love your before and after shot. your yard is beautiful!
Cute self portrait, creative angle :). It really is amazing that anything grows here with all the ridiculous weather we have.
I love the shot of you under the tree.
We have one little tree in our front yard, but the shade doesn't quite hit the house yet. Hopefully in a couple of years it will help cool off Ham's room.
That's some great growth in 6 years. Thank goodness that tree had been planted. Love the photo of you looking at the tree.
Hey, I got your comment about the bows. My week is pretty much open, Tessa doesn't have school on Friday, so I will be stuck at home all day if you want to come over then.
Very creative Sarah. Dang, is it already Tuesday? I have NOTHING for this one.
That is big.. Great picture of you under the tree..
Isn't amazing when you can stay around long enough for a tree to make a difference!
Great pictures!
We have 4 little trees in our backyard. They're one year old - I hope they'll get as big as yours.
We have always lived in new construction and have always moved and started over just as our trees were beginning to get big. Congratulations on your big tree it looks fabulous!
WOW...look at that tree...amazing!
Post a Comment