Tuesday, July 1, 2008

SPT


This month's SPT challenges:
July 1st: Sun
July 8th: Water
July 15th: Shade
July 22nd: Grass
July 29th: Ice Cream

So our first installment is SUN. Here in Las Vegas we have over 320 days of sunshine. If you ever watch the weather you will see days and days of little suns. In fact, I hardly ever watch the weather because I know that in the summer it will be sunny and hot, the winter will be sunny and cool, and the spring and fall will be sunny and perfect. Unless we are doing some sort of water activity, we probably spend more time indoors during the summer than any other season because it is so HOT. I bet I gain more weight during the summer months than any other time, since I am less active. I love almost everything about the summer and the sun. My only drawbacks are, having to put massive amounts of sunscreen on the kids daily, and finding an attractive summer wardrobe that I am comfortable in!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

your picture in front of the t.v is totally fun!!

Rachael said...

Oh those darn 100 degree weather days! It is crazy hot! I can't wait until October when it is nice again!

Lene said...

I can totally relate to the day after day of the little sun on the forecast. We spend most of summer inside also.

Rhonda said...

I love your Daily Forecast posting to go with all that SUN! Growing up in Tucson, I so can relate. I really miss pools in backyards.

Enjoy the SUNshine.

Jossie said...

What a creative post. I'm slacking on SPT.

Courtney said...

Oh I love all those suns on the weather forecast...great spt!

Windy said...

OK - you're braver than I. I just could NOT handle those temperatures!

The Monkeys said...

um, that looks hot! But, I'm with you- love to see all those little sunshines!

Jeanette said...

Being from Arizona I can totally relate. I spent most of my life like that and have the sun damage to prove it. But now I'm living in the mountains of AZ and am enjoying the cool breezy early mornings and evenings. But I envy your winters.

Rachel H. said...

perfect picture- Mark says there may as well be a blizzard outside for all the use the backyard is in this heat.

Bren's Life said...

Oh isn't it great to live in the heat. But after reading post after post on sun. I appreciate living in a state where there hasn't been any major disasters-hurricanes, toronado, floods etc... So I'll take the heat anyday..
Love your spt