Jackson has been taking swimming lessons the last couple of weeks. He is usually quite brave and willing to try new things, but swimming frightens him a bit. He always did the things his coaches asked him to do, but he did them in a very cautious manner.

It really surprised me that his class was so small. There were only between 3 and 5 kids there everyday, and they were all boys. There were 8 kids on the roll, but I have no idea where they all were.



The
pre-school class focus is mainly on getting the kids comfortable in the water. So they pretty much just played different games the whole time. It was fun for the kids, and fun for me to watch. We took the 9 am class this year so it wasn't too hot yet, which was great. Sadie and I could actually sit quite comfortably in the shade and watch. In years past we have taken the 6 pm classes, which were miserably hot.
2 comments:
Looks like fun! I hate sitting out there in the heat too! I think when you have an older kid swimming they should give you the option of taking your young ones in the kiddie area. Although it looks like that is where Jacksons class was!
I think swimming lessons was a waste of time for me and Tyler this year. I think next year he'll do better. Looks like Jackson was having a good time though. He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment