We woke up today to cloudy skies with a chance of rain. Of course we did not want rain, but I welcomed the cloudy skies and cooler temperatures. I think every other year it has been at least 110 degrees, so today when we got in the car and saw this, we were very happy.
Sadie is definitely my third baby. I was very careful about what Megan ate and never would have allowed her to have a snow cone at 6 months, but as you can see I have lightened up, and Sadie is reaping the rewards. She loved this snow cone.
Self-portrait of me and my bff Rachael. It was another great 24th of July. We were really close to the fireworks and they were quite loud but Sadie didn't even flinch. Jackson did great, and Megan was fine, however she still is my kid that is bothered by loud noises. Every year I don't really want to go (due to the crowds and heat), but every year I am always glad we went.
8 comments:
What fun, my kids still run and hide when I pull out the vacuum; fireworks would just put them over the edge!
Oh I love our picture! I was so excited in the morning when it was a bit dark and cloudy. I thought it would be a perfect night...well then the clouds went away but it was still the best weather for this day in the 8 years we have gone!
You did great on the food...all I had was a pork BBQ sandwich! I really didn't do this Pioneer Day like I have in the past. I didn't get to explore too much! I guess there is always next year!
I didn't knew that the 24th of July was a holiday until I went to school in Utah. I am always open for the celebration of another day.
Zack was TERRIFIED of the fireworks so I'm impressed that Sadie did well. Zack kept screaming a blood curdling scream and yelling that it was time to go bye-bye... LOL
Looks like fun! We missed out on the great time this year...but it was worth it, we were in San Diego!
I love Pioneer Days. Usually I eat alot too, but this year Analisa did not want to eat she wanted to keep going, so I only had some pizza. And always the Bake Sale is the best. We did not stay for the fireworks. Angelo was done about 7:30. I hear they are fun though. Maybe next year.
oh how fun! i had a family reunion up in Utah this year so i missed it again..bummer!!! It's really one of the funnest 24th celebrations i've ever been too! And i love the fireworks..they are the best!
Post a Comment