One thing I really, really like about the Springs Preserve is that if you go every few months there is always new stuff to do. Eric was at work and Megan was at a friends house on Saturday so I just had Jackson and Sade with me on this particular trip which is an uncommon occurrence.
We have been scads of times, but everything we did on Saturday was NEW to us. After we attended the NEW science show, we headed over to the NEW Native American exhibit.
First we weaved some paper. This experience caused Sadie to fall in LOVE with weaving, and she has been weaving up a storm ever since.


We were missing our puzzle masters (Megan & Eric) so this puzzle took us an inordinate amount of time. Like so much time that if we were being filmed we could have won the top prize on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Native American board game:

Grinding seeds into flour.


This was HARD, but Jackson was determined to do it and worked on it long after Sade and I gave up:

We even rode the train!




It takes you on a 20 minute ride, while a recording plays info about early Las Vegas. The scenery mostly consists of weeds and construction equipment.





Couple of extra pics:
Inventive Sade:

Serenity now:

First we weaved some paper. This experience caused Sadie to fall in LOVE with weaving, and she has been weaving up a storm ever since.
We were missing our puzzle masters (Megan & Eric) so this puzzle took us an inordinate amount of time. Like so much time that if we were being filmed we could have won the top prize on America's Funniest Home Videos.
Native American board game:
Grinding seeds into flour.
This was HARD, but Jackson was determined to do it and worked on it long after Sade and I gave up:
We even rode the train!
It takes you on a 20 minute ride, while a recording plays info about early Las Vegas. The scenery mostly consists of weeds and construction equipment.
Couple of extra pics:
Inventive Sade:
Serenity now:
2 comments:
I have got to get the kids out to see the new Native American exhibit! We have endless discussions about the Lamanites, it would be nice to let them see for themselves. What a super fun day! You are such a fun and patient Mom! I love that Jackson kept going at the seeds until he made flour. What a persistent little guy! I also love his cool not really a smile in most of the pics. Such a cutie, I mean super cool 4th grader :) The pictures of Sadie in the glasses are adorable, I just keep thinking how her modeling career was so sadly ruined :)
You are the funnest Mom on the planet.
Post a Comment