I forgot it was the 12th yesterday morning, so I missed most of our morning routine, including Eric taking Megan to school, but I did catch some early morning awesome hand shake action courtesy of Sade and Eric:
Walking Jackson and Sade into school:
I have walked Sade in every day since school started, but today told me she was ready to let Jackson take her in. It's a happy/sad moment.
Three hours of free-time (during Kindergarten) seems like a good amount of time, but it flies by. I can either eat and get ready, or eat and clean the house, but not all three. Yesterday I chose to eat and get ready. While turning on the shower I was reminded of its brokenness. The handle broke off on Monday, so Eric rigged up this special contraption:
Soon it was time for Kindergarten pick-up! Which I love. I have been asked if I wanted to join two different kindergarten car pools, but have had to turn them down. I just adore seeing Sade come out every day.
It was a window rolled down, hand out the window weather type of morning:

Everyday for lunch, Sade either has a tomato for lunch (seriously) or bread with Nutella on it. We were out of tomatoes, so Nutella and milk it was:

Suzie if you are reading this, I received your favorite thing (Nutella) at the last favorite things party, and Sade has been obsessed every since!
After cleaning a bit, and some phone talking (hi mom!) I retired to my bed to do a little reading. I am currently reading "One Thousand White Women" and am loving it! It is rather serious material, but is interspersed with humor that has me chuckling remembering it hours later:

I did emerge later in the afternoon, to sit on the floor of the living room to do a little T.V. watching, bill organizing, Tucker playing, and Sadie homework supervising:

Multi-tasking!
Soon it was time to head back to the school (once again) to pick up Megan. After picking her up we wait in the car for about 30 minutes until Jackson gets out of school. At first I thought this would be a pain, but it has turned out be a time to be entertained by Sade, and to hear all about Megan's day:

Jackson and McKinna making their after school appearance:

We stopped at McDonald's on the way home, picked up food, rushed home, ate it, and then hurried to make it to soccer by 5.

You may (or may not) remember that I made a bold declaration on my blog last season stating I was NEVER going to do Primary Sports again. Well.....They called me to the Stake Primary Sports Committee, so now I have to go! Oh the humanity!
I am in charge of concessions. Which I don't mind, EXCEPT occasionally you get RUDE customers which annoys me to no end. But lest you think it is all bad, one major benefit to this particular calling is that I now get to wear a black Primary Sports shirt instead of a cream one. That alone was enough to make me accept it.
Jackson was able to complete his game (although the other team only had 2 kids show up!), but Sade had to leave half way into hers, because along with it being soccer, it was also back to school night.
Sade showing off the hand she made:

After it was over, we stopped at the fairly new frozen yogurt place next door (after lots of asking/begging from the kids):

Although I am not particularly a frozen yogurt fan, and abstained from getting any, everyone else said they enjoyed it.
We got home around 8:45 at which time the kids showered and then went to bed. Eric and I watched a little T.V. and then I retired to read (while Eric worked on the computer).
Good day.
Everyday for lunch, Sade either has a tomato for lunch (seriously) or bread with Nutella on it. We were out of tomatoes, so Nutella and milk it was:
Suzie if you are reading this, I received your favorite thing (Nutella) at the last favorite things party, and Sade has been obsessed every since!
After cleaning a bit, and some phone talking (hi mom!) I retired to my bed to do a little reading. I am currently reading "One Thousand White Women" and am loving it! It is rather serious material, but is interspersed with humor that has me chuckling remembering it hours later:
I did emerge later in the afternoon, to sit on the floor of the living room to do a little T.V. watching, bill organizing, Tucker playing, and Sadie homework supervising:
Multi-tasking!
Soon it was time to head back to the school (once again) to pick up Megan. After picking her up we wait in the car for about 30 minutes until Jackson gets out of school. At first I thought this would be a pain, but it has turned out be a time to be entertained by Sade, and to hear all about Megan's day:
Jackson and McKinna making their after school appearance:
We stopped at McDonald's on the way home, picked up food, rushed home, ate it, and then hurried to make it to soccer by 5.
You may (or may not) remember that I made a bold declaration on my blog last season stating I was NEVER going to do Primary Sports again. Well.....They called me to the Stake Primary Sports Committee, so now I have to go! Oh the humanity!
I am in charge of concessions. Which I don't mind, EXCEPT occasionally you get RUDE customers which annoys me to no end. But lest you think it is all bad, one major benefit to this particular calling is that I now get to wear a black Primary Sports shirt instead of a cream one. That alone was enough to make me accept it.
Jackson was able to complete his game (although the other team only had 2 kids show up!), but Sade had to leave half way into hers, because along with it being soccer, it was also back to school night.
Sade showing off the hand she made:
After it was over, we stopped at the fairly new frozen yogurt place next door (after lots of asking/begging from the kids):
Although I am not particularly a frozen yogurt fan, and abstained from getting any, everyone else said they enjoyed it.
We got home around 8:45 at which time the kids showered and then went to bed. Eric and I watched a little T.V. and then I retired to read (while Eric worked on the computer).
Good day.
6 comments:
Wow, who doesn't like frozen yogurt? That is a weird one Sarah :) I have so many questions about the tomato for lunch! How does she eat it, is it cooked, how did this start? I thought Hayden and her carrots and Tyson and his broccoli were good, but a tomato for lunch, that is great! I'll take a cream shirt over our "teal" shirt any day. Soccer was rough yesterday and I was making bold declarations myself on the way home. They can't be printed due to their many expletives! You are a good woman for running the concession stand. I can't believe people are rude. What's to be rude about? Not enough cheese with the nachos? Mormons! I love Eric's quick fix of the shower :)
You need a shirt that says if you don't like the service you can be in charge if concessions!
I miss picking Emma up honestly. I am considering dropping out of the carpool maybe
BUSY DAY!!!!
I don't like frozen yogurt that much either...and I have tried that place...disgusting was the word I used to describe it!
I loved the black shirts at Stake Sports...I too think it would lessen the blow of the calling! Why would people be rude at a CHURCH function where they know this is all voluntary? People bug me!!!
I definitely want to borrow that book when you are done!
Nutella and bread for lunch! I wish!!!
I love the rigged bath handle that Eric did! Clever!!!
Our bathroom sink had a similar handle for long enough that I got used to it being there. Aren't husbands handy?
Our bathroom sink had a similar handle for long enough that I got used to it being there. Aren't husbands handy?
Nutella is so good! Nutella on strawberries is probably my favorite, or bananas, or any bread, or graham crackers. Glad Sadie loves it. :)
Post a Comment