Friday, March 1, 2013

Reading Week & Other Happenings

We just completed another fun filled Nevada Reading Week!
Day 1: Wear mismatched clothes in honor of the book "Where the Wild Things Are."



Day 2: Poem In Your Pocket day. I like this day because it requires no preparation from me! Jackson wrote his own poems. His poems as follows:

Hiking (Hikeing as Jackson spells it)

I went on a hike
And rode my bike
Once I was done
I said it was fun

and.....

I'd Rather

I'd rather eat a can
I'd rather read a book
Than go and put suntan lotion on a gorillas back
(rhyming is overrated, no?)

Day 3: Dress As Your Favorite Book Character

Megan dressed as someone or something from the book "You Are Special." Jackson dressed as Harry Potter (of course!). But he decided to dress as Book 7 Harry Potter. Which if you are a faithful Harry Potter reader you know Harry does not attend Hogwart's in Book 7, so he does not wear any robes.





Day 4: Shirt With Words Day. I forgot to take a picture.

Day 5: Pajama Day!



Sadie also dressed up for Nevada Reading Week at preschool. She decided to be a very fancy, Fancy Nancy. Her favorite.



She also picked out these AWESOME glasses from the treasure box at school.



She LOVES them, and wore them to a meeting we attended last night, as well as out to dinner.

In other school news, Jackson is now a medal man, having received the medal for his 100 AR points.



He is pretty excited about it. He currently has 146 points and can't wait to receive a trophy when he hits 200.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

One of these years I am going to actually do and document reading week. By day three it got ugly around here. Tyson couldn't find something to dress up as and I was over it. Taylor was Cinderella for Mrs. Aubrey and there was a knock down drag out fight to get her out the door. Last minute she decided she hated Cinderella. What?! Maybe it will get better when my kids actually know how to read :) Sadie is the fanciest Nancy I have ever seen, adorable! Congratulations on the AR medal Jackson!

Rachael said...

I love the book "You are Special!" Very smart of Jackson to be HP from book 7! Clever!