We sort of have a new family obsession. GEOCACHING! You may remember that we have attempted to geocache a number of times and had only been successful once. But I am happy to report that things have changed. We are now EXCELLENT geocachers. I believe our turn around can partly be attributed to a PBS documentary about geocaching that re-lit the fire within our bellies, and also a determination not to let the geocache win. Out of the last 7 (SEVEN!) geocaches we have hunted for, we have found all 7!
1. Our first success was found at the Decatur DMV.
Hid behind one of the "D"'s.
What a rush!
2. Our second took us a while but was finally discovered by Eric under here:
Very tricky!
Sade put it back:
3. Jackson found the third one. Underneath another water grate. Apparently this is a popular place to hide cache.
We left behind butterfly stickers:
4. Our fourth one was just maybe our favorite of the day. It took us a bit of time, but Eric finally spotted it hanging in a tree.
5. Number five was found under a rock, behind a wall.
6. One trick of geocaching is to look for something out of place. As Megan was searching for number six, she said, "I don't see anything except for this toy frog." Ding, Ding, Ding! Geocache!
7. Number seven was found by yours truly. It was particularly gratifying because just the day before another fellow geocacher (ZZ Bob) has attempted to find it and had been unsuccessful.
I dare say that geocaching might even be more thrilling than Old Maid. I kind of want to go every day.





4 comments:
Are you documenting all of your finds online? I would love to see which ones you are successful with. Wait until you find a travel bug or a geo coin. It can be very addicting! We would love to do it with you sometime. Enjoy!
I've never done this and I think I am not even going to try it until the kids are a bit older. I never would have thought that a toy frog was what you were suppose to find. Tricky, tricky!
This sounds so fun, I need some pointers from you. My kids would think this was awesome!
I'm still confused by it.
Post a Comment