First we hiked the White Domes loop, which we have never done before. Pretty easy hike, and good for those with kids!
Amazingly (to me), it was sandy the entire way.
Sade was impressive. Although she complained about her legs being tired, she hiked the entire 1.25 miles without once being carried. Unprecedented!
She also proclaimed many times when we offered to help her, "I don't need help. I got this!" I'm thinking she is becoming tougher.
Jackson hanging off a post from an old movie set you find on the trail:
My favorite thing about hiking is never knowing what you are going to find around the next bend. I was delighted to find these rock walls, with the trail going through them:
Megan and Jackson making a man-made arch:
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil......
Have no fun.
Eric is a blast:
After hiking the loop, we went to see the Seven Sisters:
Jackson got stuck under this rock:
Not really. But it totally looks like it. Right?
Our last stop was a quick hike to Elephant Rock:
3 comments:
I am with you 100% on the backwards baseball cap!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
We need to take the kids to Valley of Fire! Looks like you guys had fun and love the picture of Jackson under the rock!
Looks so fun, we love the Valley of Fire!
My kids were so upset about Jackson under the rock, we had quite a few conversations about how it was pretend but they couldn't get it. If I come over one day just to show them Jackson is fine and not stuck under a rock, you'll know I couldn't stand them asking about him anymore :)
Post a Comment