Usually my kids dress up for Nevada Reading Week, but not this year. This year it was my turn!
In case you don't recognize an amazing costume when you see it, I was Skippyjon Jones. I consider it to be a success since most of the children and teachers knew exactly who I was upon entering the school. I read the book, and brought them treats:
Jelly Beans!
And brought a Skippyjon Jones craft for them to do:
Jackson's creation:
I was also scheduled to go in and make Green Eggs & Ham, but it happened to coincide on the day that I was knocking on deaths door. Luckily Eric was home to fill in for me:
I don't think Jackson minded:
I was also planning on dressing up (and embarrassing) and reading to Megan's class, but all of the available spots were filled up before I got my form in! Hmpff............

5 comments:
You are AWESOME! I love the costume. Next year I'll have to graduate to dressing up.
I love poor Jackson's face! What a fun family you guys are! I better step it up for first grade :)
How cool are you!?!?!?!?!?! Your kids are sooooo lucky! I love that you did this...I need to get on the ball...I didn't really understand this whole reading week thing...they didn't do anything like that at Cumorah! I now know better! I will follow your example next year!
Good for Eric! What a guy!!!
You DO look awesome! I'm not brave enough to post my Viola Swamp picture. And I didn't get pictures of myself in my Cat in the Hat - hat or my super-hero cape. Aw. Well.
BTW....I told Eli about this and how next year I was going to dress up and come read to his class...he just about died!...of embarrassment!
Post a Comment