Saturday, December 17, 2011

Six On Saturday - Parties & Performances......

It was busy around these parts last week. Lots of parties, performances, and field trips.

1. Sade decorated this stocking for pre-school. Megan was the driving creative force and designed the entire thing. Eric and Sadie helped with the execution:

2. As I previously mentioned we had a pre-school Christmas party at my house. The kids were kept busy with 3 different crafts, and lots of food and treats.


I was kind of seriously impressed with the kids designs. They did them with virtually no help. I would show you a picture, but it seems to have disappeared! But here is Sadie's:


Another craft:


Although I have no picture, as they have not yet e-mailed it to me, Sadie also had breakfast with Santa at Kiddie College

She is one lucky gal.

3. Her luck continued with a field trip to Bambini's to make pizza:


I am including this next picture so you can enlarge it and see the fake nails on this lady. Sadie could not keep her eyes off of them:


The finished product:


4. Jackson had an activity/party filled week too. Here he is with the gingerbread house he made at school:


5. Jackson also had his winter performance. He LOVES to sing, and has been practicing for weeks. Last month he took it upon himself to learn every word to all four verses of Jingle Bells. He was right up front and center, and did a wonderful job.


Poor Megan. Being a 6th grader has some perks, but you sure miss out on a lot of Christmas time fun.

6. Although this has nothing to do with anything else I have discussed thus far, I would like to share a picture:


That's right! That is ME, on a HORSE! You may not know, but I have been scared of horses for a good portion of my life. But the fear seemed to leave me these past few years, so when I had the opportunity to ride, I took it. It was hugely fun......


My kids almost couldn't contain their jealously.

2 comments:

chercard said...

That is awesome that you rode! Fun field trip to make pizza! Will have to do that with our preschool group and maybe the lady with the fancy nails will be there!

Rachael said...

EWWWWW...the fingernails! I can't imagine what gets trapped under those things...especially working at a pizza place!
I didn't know you had a fear of horses! Glad you "got back on the horse.'
I think 1st grade is lacking at Somerset...they had no such program...Kinder did and apparently so did 2nd grade!
It seems to have been a busy last few weeks!!!!