Friday, December 2, 2011

Five For Friday - Have I Mentioned

1. Have I ever mentioned that I am a bulk eater? I like to eat what I would say are massive amounts of food in one setting. For example, today for my quasi breakfast/lunch meal, or brunch meal as normal people would call it, I had 2 french toast sticks, a salmon fillet, and lasagna. And of course a diet coke. I then don't eat until dinner, at which time I eat another enormous meal. Megan eats like me, but Jackson and Sadie are snackers, like their dad.

I took the picture after eating most of the lasagna, and half of the salmon.

2. Have I mentioned that I am also a bulk cleaner. I don't enjoy cleaning up as I go (which Eric can't understand), which means at times (like 10 am) my house can get really messy. I will not tackle the breakfast dishes until after lunch. I don't want to have to do dishes twice!


3. Have I mentioned that large school projects tend to stress me out! We just completed the science fair project, and had to follow it up this week with a Spanish project. Oy vey! They are so incredibly time consuming. I took this picture long before the poster was completed, and before any color pictures were added, but you get the drift:


4. Have I mentioned that this year instead of doing 12 or 24 days of Christmas, we are doing a different project. My kids were not thrilled at first, but soon realized we would still be doing most of the same activities, just not in the fun 12 or 24 day format. We have already made snowflakes for the windows (my favorite Christmas project!), and wrote our letters to Santa.

This is the first year Sadie wrote her list all by herself! And when I mean all by herself, I mean I told her what letters to write, and she wrote them. But wouldn't it be cool if I said she wrote it all by herself, and everyone thought that she already knew how to spell and read? I mean she is brilliant, just not savant brilliant.


5. Have I mentioned that we also got all our decorating done last weekend. Woo-hoo. I am ecstatic for Christmas this year!


"Are you a bulk eater, or cleaner?"

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I have to agree with Eric on this one...(again)..I have to clean as I go. I will not make breakfast until the dishes are unloaded from the dishwasher and the counters wiped down. I really don't think I can relax or get much done if the kitchen is not clean.
You guys are expert snowflake makers! I am impressed!
Project after project...I feel ya!!!

Kellie DeMille said...

The snowflakes are awesome! I just haven't tried that one yet, I don't trust the kids with scissors yet. Your tree and decorations look great! Yay for Christmas :)

chercard said...

I am a snacker but a bulk cleaner for sure! We love doing snowflakes too but ours aren't nearly as fance as yours are! Impressive on Sadie's letters...Emma can write an E and that's all!