Thursday, September 1, 2011

Romantic Dinner For 2

A while back, this paper appeared on our fridge:


It was inviting Eric and I to Sadie's room the following Sunday for a Romantic Dinner For 2.

The appointed day finally arrived. We were led by our hostess (Sade) to our table in her room:

The menu:


It states: "Enjoy. Some things are better than others. Choose carefully." I had an opportunity to peruse the menu a few hours before, and noticed that hot dogs, bologna sandwiches, and macaroni and cheese were the entree choices. I knew I could not choke down any of those items, so I suggested they add spaghetti. They agreed.
Jackson took our orders:


He had a system that involved just using initials of the things we were ordering. Brilliant!

Sadie brought us drinks and appetizers:


We both ordered raspberry lemonade. Eric ordered mixed chips for his appetizer. It included barbecue potato chips, cheetos, and pretzels:


I ordered fruit, and received about 20 strawberries. I ate 2 and sent the rest back for the kitchen staff to enjoy.


Speaking of kitchen staff, Megan was the chef:


For our main course, Eric and I both ordered the spaghetti:


The meal was superb, but the kitchen was beyond a disaster after they were finished. I was too busy cleaning it up to remember to take a picture.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

TOO CUTE!!! I love that they did this for you guys!!! Adorable!!!!

Erin Camp said...

Aw. What sweet children.

Kellie DeMille said...

We use to do this all the time growing up, it was our favorite game. I never thought of what the clean up was like for my poor Mother :) Your kids are darling, I think you should rent them out, you would make a fortune!!

chercard said...

so fun!