Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gothtastic

If you have been a reader of my blog for a while, you may remember when Eric and I dressed up for standards night a while back.


Eric was Snake Felony and I was a 15 year old schoolgirl. It was quite enjoyable. So this year I was very excited to get the call to dress up again. And even more excited when I was asked to dress up goth!

 
The eyebrow ring, lip ring, and spiked dog collar were my favorite parts.

I am also partial to my purple Doc Martin boots, that I have insisted on saving all these years since high school. I knew I would have occasion to wear them again.




















Sadie did not find my new persona likeable in the least. After seeing me in the make-up for the first time she said, "You look scary." She then ran out of the room and would not come to me for the rest of the night. As you can tell by the above picture, when she discovered she was going to have to sit next to me on the way home, she was not amused. She cried the entire way home. Poor Sade's.

5 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love it! You were born to be goth! If I had purple doc martins I would have saved them too, what a wise and yet terrifying to children woman you are :)

Rachael said...

You look great! How did you get the safety pin to stay? Is that a CTR ring as your lip ring?
Sadie is hilarious!

Erin Camp said...

You looked awesome! One of my favorites!

Jonathan & Kimberly Arnold said...

I've been waiting to see pictures since you told me your assignment! You did a great job showing your goth side! Just a side note, If you wear that attire all the time then you probably won't need to worry about being attacked! Thanks for the workout last night!

Autumn said...

What was the reaction of the girls? You are so fun!!