Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ice Skating

Last week we took the kids ice skating. Megan has been once before but it was Jackson and Sadie's first time.


Sadie repeatedly requested that Eric just hold her and skate.


But of course we didn't listen.


We tried to get her to use these cool "ice skating helpers" (which I am sure is the correct term), but she hated them.


After skating for a while, her and I took a break. When I would ask her if she was ready to go back out, she would tell me, "No thanks, I'm just fine." Finally we persuaded her to go back out, and she seemed to take to it more. She even learned a few tricks!


When Eric would say jump, she would pull her legs up.


And when he said swish she would move her legs back and forth.

I was slightly worried about Jackson, since he is a TERRIBLE roller skater. But he surprised me.


He started out with a bit of help from the red helper.


Then had a little help from Dad.


But pretty soon he was off on his own.


He had quite a few tumbles, but was up very quickly.

Megan also started off with a bit of help:


But it didn't take long before she was off on her own. She was quite good, and didn't fall once.


It was quite fun for everyone. Even little Sade admitted that she had a good time.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow! You guys are brave! What a good sport that Sadie is!

Rachael said...

I need to take them today!! I like the red helper thing-a-ma-bob!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Looks like fun!! And cold!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

Looks like fun!! And cold!