Jackson always has oatmeal. Sadie usually does too, but yesterday she changed it up a bit and had Apple Jacks. Megan (obviously not pictured), ate Apple Jacks everyday for 8 years, but recently has switched to cinnamon/sugar toast. Interesting!!!
Poor Jackson. I was almost completely out of bread, and only had the ends left. Ordinarily he is a fairly picky eater, but amazingly bread end sandwiches don't bother him much.
After the kids left for school, Sadie asked for the first of her extreme number of snacks she asks for everyday. Her and Jackson are habitual snackers.
Eric was home yesterday morning which is good and bad. On the negative: It means no work, which equals no money. But on the positive: He can do the grocery shopping!
After Eric left for work, I took to my bed, while watching Sadie in the bath. I received this cool gadget for Christmas, which among a myriad of other things, has the Kindle on it. I have mixed feelings about the Kindle. The convenience is great. I often run out of reading material, and it affords me the ability to download a book whenever I want. However, I miss the feel of a book in my hand, and there are no page numbers at the bottom, so it is hard to tell how close to the end of the book you actually are. I ended up finishing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which was quite enjoyable.
And when I had finished I was able to go to this large box of books my good friend Behnaz sent me this week. She loves reading as much as I do, and is so good to send me her books. The joy I experience knowing I have numerous books waiting for me to read is immeasurable. And I had plenty of time to read yesterday. I was feeling horrible. Body aches, chills, the whole gamut. Luckily I have a 3 year old who still naps, and loves to watch T.V. because I spent the majority of the day in bed reading and napping.
When Megan and Jackson were due to get home, I decided I needed to pull myself together! I got out of bed and took some medicine. I am including this picture because I look as bad as I felt. Don't I look dejected?
They soon arrived home thanks to my dear friend Jennie who has been bringing them home everyday for me, due to my lack of car. I was riding my bike everyday, but then it got sooooo cold. As you can tell the front walkway is littered with boxes, which is a familiar site around here. Eric receives shipments like this for work all the time! Megan is also clapping and saying, "Oh joy, its the 12th", in quite the sarcastic tone. She doesn't love 12 X 12 days.
Speaking of lack of car, our neighbor came over and taught us this newfangled way of starting the Volkswagen that involves a screwdriver. It's quite high-tech (NOT). I was excited to try it out, and we did get it started, but then the steering wheel locked up. Of course!
While outside, Sadie and Jackson were playing a game called "SCREAM." I am sure you can imagine the premise.
Although I was out of bed, I was quite lazy, and kept putting off something I really needed to get done, namely, making dessert for 60 for Young Women's that evening. Luckily Eric bailed me out, and helped me with the entire process, and it got done.
I made it just in time for New Beginnings. Notice my new obsession: Arm Warmers! I want them in every color.
7 comments:
Love the arm warmers! Where did you find them?
I'm debating about the kindle. I don't love the feel of real books anyway but not loving the fact they don't have page numbers. I'm also debating if I should just save and buy an IPad which seems to have all the features.
I loved Girl with the Dragon Tatoo books as well. I have the other 2 if you are interested in the "real" thing.
It's been so long since we caught up that I got on to your blog and I am sorry to see that you are sick! do you need anything? Let me know if you do. I now feel all caught up on your life but we should still get together sometime and talk in person. Take care and get better soon.
I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well! I am laughing my guts out about the screwdriver starting the car. What kind of neighbor was this? The just got out of prison kind? It's funny Megan was clapping about your 12x12 because I was clapping as well when I saw the update! I love them!! Sorry Megan:)
My mil read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo while she was here over Thanksgiving and told me that I shouldn't read it....yes it has piqued my interest even more. I just haven't gotten to it yet.
Steve loves the Kindle-Alexis has the Nook. I still prefer the real thing but have been interested in getting the iPad. I don't know.
I totally meant to do the 12x12-although it was 80's day and I am sure I took 12 pictures. Dang it...remind me in Feb!
Your dessert was amazing! And I don't like sugar! I seriously want the recipe. And you did wonderful at New Beginnings. I'm of the same opinion about books. I want the feel of it in my hands. Although, my husband would love if he could stop buying me bookshelves!
I have missed you! I haven't blogged for so long and absolutely loved getting on here and reading your so cute posts. I totally agree with the Kindle feelings and will always remember the greatest gift I have recieved when I wasn't feeling well-your sack full of great books! Wish I was there to return the favor. BTW, Love your dark hair and your arm warmers, and I need some of your yw ideas!! We need to catch up sometime! Love and miss ya Sarah!!
Sorry you had a "dejected" day, but I love your hair color!!!
Post a Comment