Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Precursor To Camping

Sunday, we took a drive to Camp Stimson. I have been before, but could not remember exactly how to get there, so I wanted to make sure I knew the way before heading up to girls camp next week. The Stake Camp Director from another Stake was there watching over everything, but she was nice enough to let us explore.


It was a little on the chilly side, but beautiful.


We did a bit of exploring, and then headed over to the rope bridge.


The last time I went on this bridge I was 7 months pregnant! It seemed just as hard this time.


Jacksey was next. He did great, but I am not made to watch my children do things like this. I smile and encourage them to throw them off that I am actually terrified they are in such a precarious position.


The bridge is long!


Megan was quite terrified the whole time.


Sadie on the other hand was completely fearless.


Here she is telling Eric to swing back and forth! Of course he obliged.


We headed over to one of the amphitheaters where Megan entertained us with a song and dance routine.


Sade's did a little dancing herself.


Of course we took a few family pics before leaving:


This is the first time Sadie decided to participate in the funny face pictures. I couldn't be happier!

5 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my goodness, that rope bridge was so long! I'M with you, I can't bear to watch my kids doing scary things. Yeah for Sadie and the funny face!

Cardalls said...

not a fan of the rope bridge myself! have a great time at Girls camp!

Sheree Flick Photography said...

You should blow up the "funny face" picture and hang it in your family room, I LOVE it! That's what our family does too. Have fun at girls camp! :)

Jennifer said...

I remember that bridge well. I am NOT a fan of heights of any kind. Years and years back I was up at camp and one of the girls had what I can only describe is a psychotic break and she went racing around the camp and was just totally out of it, and she ended up outrunning me and climbing up onto this bridge. I was so scared she was going to fall off! I had to talk her down. It was crazy. I hope you don't have anything THAT eventful happen at camp! LOL

Rachael said...

I have never been up there and totally want to go and do the rope bridge.
I agree with Sheree....blow up one of your silly face photos and hang it in your living room!