Jackson and Sadie refused to play dead!!
After a picnic lunch we headed to the Visitor's Center. While there the kids became Junior Rangers. The process was quite involved, and took up some time, but was fun.
Working on the Junior Rangers activities.
Getting sworn in.
Displaying their badges and patches.
After leaving the Visitor's Center we headed over to Badwater, which is the lowest point in North America, sitting at 282 feet below sea level.
We are pointing to the sign on the mountain that tells us where sea level is.
We knew that this past weekend was probably the last weekend in months that we could explore Death Valley (due to the extreme heat). I expected it to be around 100 degrees, but I was wrong. We hit:
112 Degrees!! It was so HOT.
We started out by walking onto the salt flats, which were pretty cool. They stretch 5 miles.
It was so hot we almost didn't make it out!
Fortunately we made it back, and decided to go on one more hike. And when I say we, I actually mean Eric decided we should go on one more hike. I was super hot and tired and would have been content sitting in the air-conditioned car.
Luckily this hike was mostly behind a mountain, thereby giving us much needed shade.
Megan and Jackson in front of a dry waterfall.
Pretty soon we reached our destination, which was Natural Bridge.
We had a great day at Death Valley, and I am sure we will go back eventually. Hopefully when it is 75 degrees.
8 comments:
I love all your posed pictures. The death photo (it looks even better with Sadie looking at you like "what is wrong with you guys?") and the crawling on the ground. You make all trips so fun with your kids!!!
What fun pictures! I can't believe you all were smiling in such hot temmperatures. When it gets hot it gets ugly around here!
Ya, I am with Melissa. You make everything look so fun ~ even 112 degrees hikes! I am still totally amazed that your husband totes Sadie everywhere on your outings. What a guy.
You have such a cute family. I love the playing dead photo.
Ha ha ha...... I love the pictures and your sense of humors!
You guys crack me up! Loved the posed pictures! It looks a bit too hot to want to walk around! I am jealous of the adventure you took though! I love that the kids are Jr Rangers! Very fun!!!
112? You are troopers!
What awesome pictures!! You guys have so much fun together, what a great and memorable family outing! You and Eric are so creative! Man the kids are growing up so fast!
Post a Comment