Friday, February 5, 2010

Five For Friday

1. Check out Meg's injury from playing a rousing game of tetherball. You think her eye looks bad? You should see the tetherball.

2. Sweet potatoes smothered in brown sugar and butter are still healthy, right?

Eric and I went to Claim Jumper this past weekend. What I really wanted didn't come with a sweet potato, but my craving was so great, I ordered something I didn't even want (the 1/2 chicken), just so I could have one. Looking back I probably should have just ordered one on the side, but $6 for a sweet potato, seems quite extravagant doesn't it?

3. Today marked the 100th day of school. Jackson's teacher threw them a party, and I think went the extra mile by having snow delivered (by her husband)! They built a snowman outside, and each were able to bring home a snowball. Sadie even got one.

4. You may remember that Megan is apt to leave the house in a crazy outfit most days, but Jackson is usually pretty conservative. That is until a few days ago, when we headed out to dinner and Jackson came dressed as Luigi. Of course, we also had Megan the gangster with us.

5. I am no longer a member of Costco. That's right, you heard me correctly. I AM NO LONGER A MEMBER! I am not angry at Costco, this was simply a budgetary decision. A decision I regret everyday. Today especially, since I was out of both toilet paper and garbage bags. It was difficult, but I stayed strong and bought what I am imagining to be a poor substitute from Wal-Mart. I will keep you updated. But one of you reading this, must be forewarned that the minute I run out of paper towels, you are obligated to go to Costco and purchase me some. I just can't face that reality.

6 comments:

bloodfamily said...

Sarah you crack me up. As for Meghan - I don't think that she looks like a gangster. She looks like what my kids wear everyday! lol When you need something from either Costco or Sam's, let me know - I'm a member at both.

Kellie DeMille said...

That sweet potato looks great, but $6 does seem extravagant. I love the kids getting dressed up to go out. Too cute! I am sorry about your Costco cancellation, budgeting is for the birds!

Cardalls said...

i also will buy you whatever you want at Costco anytime :). We go mainly for diapers and such and I go once a month or I would spend WAYY too much!

Melissa B said...

Love Claim Jumper, that sweet potato sounds amazing. I am thinking about cancelling costco too. Everytime I pay another $50 for a membership, I wonder if I am really saving more than that each year to make it worth it. Good luck.

Rachael said...

My favorite part is when I clicked on the picture of Megan and Jackson striking a pose...you can see little Sadie posing too! Hilarious! So did you let Jackson go dressed as Luigi?
That sweet potato looks amazing!

Kate said...

Those Luigi pictures are hilarious!