Monday, February 15, 2010

12 X 12 - February

My day starts off pretty great, when I get to go in and pick up this cute little person from her bed.

After dropping Megan and Jackson off at school, I came back home to torture myself. I started the P90X exercise program last week, and a week later I am still in major pain. The pain just moves to different body parts every couple of days. On this particular day, I was scheduled to do yoga. I am not a big yoga fan, and was so bored I only completed half of the DVD (It was an hour and a half long!) But later on I felt guilty that I hadn't completed it, so I finished the other half. And for the record, many people find the P90X guy rather annoying, but I rather like him. He is very encouraging, and tells me if I can't do something, it is no big deal. Thank you P90X guy! I really appreciate it, because there are many, many things I cannot do.

Next, it was time to pick up Jackson from school. Today was their big Valentine's extravaganza, which meant mountains of candy, cupcakes, and cookies. Jackson was very excited, and started exploring all his Valentine's the minute he got in the car.

Picture courtesy of Jackson.

For lunch, we headed over to Chipotle with Rachael, Eli and Oliver. It was such a beautiful day, and once again I was so thankful for 70 degree February Las Vegas weather that afforded us the opportunity to eat outside.

These boys, with a little Sade added in, were their usual crazy, hyper selves.

Eric called me as soon as I got home, and I thought I would document it with a picture since it is an extremely rare occurrence for him to call me during the day. In fact I spent a lot of the afternoon on the phone. Coupled with exercising, and lunch out, it meant that my house did not get clean. But it was much more fun to talk with friends, than clean my house.

After I picked the kids up from school, I did clean a bit, which included putting the placemats away from breakfast. I decided to take this picture because Sadie and Jackson currently have a favorite placemat that they insist on eating on everyday. Jackson's is the blue map of the United States, and Sadie's is Dora. Megan is finally at the age where she could care less. There used to be quite a battle between Megan and Jackson when it came to the blue United States placemat.

Eric, Sadie, and I getting ready to head out of game night at the church.

Sadie becomes more and more a Daddy's girl every single day.

What could be better than a Valentine game night, pizza, friends, and a children's class? I will tell you. No pizza. Have I mentioned that I have been anti-pizza for about 2 years now? For some reason I find it unappetizing.

I am including this picture because I find it funny. Doesn't it look like she is doing an unders adjustment. For the record she is wearing a diaper. And for the record I hate potty training!

This is my new bedtime reading material. I am brushing up on my Spanish, and am determined that this year I will actually be able to hold some sort of conversation. This is currently how my Spanish conversations with Eric go:

Me: "Eric ask me a question in Spanish."
Eric then asks me what I am sure is an oversimplified Spanish question, to which it takes me about 5 minutes to process and answer. Usually incorrectly. Needless to say I have a long way to go.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh but that pizza was GOOD!!! I enjoyed it! Good day...lots of stuff to keep you busy! I worry because I am not very sore from Tony and yes he is extremely annoying but it almost makes it entertaining. I HATE that he calls the other people kids! So degrading in my opinion!

Ralaina said...

Oh how I miss you! I to have been doing P90X!!! I did find Tony annoying just the very first time I listened to him but I quickly changed my mind and I thouroughly enjoy him every morning. I use weights instead of doing the pull up bar. That is so great that you are learning Spanish I really wanted that to be my goal this year but I didn't say it out loud yet so I haven't committed. If I do I will get your book. So fun to see you and Rachael at lunch and I envy your beautiful weather.