Tuesday, November 17, 2009

12 X 12 - November

I really didn't feel like taking pictures on the 12th of November, so instead I did my 12 X 12 yesterday. Nevertheless, yesterday I started my day quite typically by getting the kids ready for school. Then my friend Melissa and I went to JoAnne's for some supplies for Christmas gifts we are making! I forgot to take a picture, but Melissa just think you could have been featured in this month's 12 X 12. I am sure you are terribly upset by it (insert sarcasm here). After JoAnne's, and right before picking up Jackson from school, Sadie and I went to buy a Dr. Pepper.

As you can see Sadie was very happy after we bought it. Not because she loves Dr. Pepper, but rather because when we go to this particular gas station (the Chevron on Losee), they give all of the kids fruit snacks for free. Sadie knows this, and as soon as we enter she continually says, "nack, nack, nack", which is code for fruit snack.

Kindergarten pick-up.

When we got home, I opened the pantry door to make lunch and discovered that my calendar was on the correct month. You might say, "Well I hope so. It is November 17 th for hell's sake." Well at least my mom would say that, because she is the one that taught me to say "for hell's sake!" But in my house the calendar is rarely on the right month because the nail I had holding it up was defective. Well apparently Eric changed the nail without me knowing, and now it stays in its rightful place! This may seem insignificant, but it is kind of like when we got TIVO. Life changing. Thanks, Eric!


For lunch we had leftover spaghetti. Well at least Sadie and I did. Jackson hates it. Notice how Sadie holds her juice box by the very top so it doesn't squeeze out.

After we picked up Megan we went to the D.I. I love it there! It is almost like guilt-free shopping. I purchased some books (one of which was brand new) , these lights (brand new), and one other thing that you will see later, all for $15.

After we got home, Jackson and Sadie watched some t.v. I think it is safe to say that I will not see a cuter vision all week.

Eric brought me a couple of books home about learning to play the piano. He was doing a job for a lady that gave them to him. Yeah for more free stuff!


Isn't it amazing how Eric can be so intently watching television while children are climbing all over him? I am attributing it to being Monday night, which is synonymous with football.

Lastly a picture of Megan in front of another one of my D.I. purchases from today. I have been looking for a desk for her room for ages. It had to be fairly small, just big enough to fit in this corner. Well look what I found for $5. A school desk in perfect condition. And the best part is it is hidden by her armoire so I don't even see it when I look in her room.

The rest of the day I spent putting the kids to bed, watching some T.V., and reading. As we were going to bed around midnight, Eric informed me he was flying to California in the morning. I of course said in a slightly angry voice, "You are just telling me this now"? But then I forgave him, because after all, he did fix my calendar.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow, what awesome DI finds! I know what you mean about the calandar, I still have one clock on the wrong time and just keep waiting for it to fix itself. I guess I only have 5 more months until we spring forward and all will be right with that clock, the other 10 not so much :)

Kate said...

I think that Sadie is about 9 months older than Abby so it freaks me out to see what Abby will be doing in such a short time. Your kids are so cute.

Cardalls said...

love the desk and your DI finds are awesome! I haven't been back since before Halloween. I think i must soon!

Rachael said...

Sadie's hair is adorable!!! Love that you got Megan a desk at DI...if you come across a wooden one-call me! Love the lights you found!