Thursday, November 12, 2009

Calico Basin-Part 2

Tuesday night Eric and I were watching the weather and they mentioned that Wednesday was probably going to be our last really, really nice day for awhile. Since the kids were out of school Wednesday and Eric was able to make it home early we decided to take advantage of it and head up the canyon again. This time we once again visited Calico Basin, but went farther up and found a great trail that took us to some HUGE rocks.

I love my little Sade.

Trekking up the mountain went quite slowly, until Sadie hitched a ride. However I can't blame all of the slowness on Sadie. I admit that I am not the fastest hiker, due to my lack of endurance!

Jackson and Megan do not suffer from my endurance issues, so they had no trouble climbing up and down rocks. They even took some time out to play hide and seek.

Not to be outdone, Sadie climbed the rocks with amazing 22 month old ability. She would not hold a hand, and my heart raced a few times envisioning her plummeting. But she ended up just fine.

Late afternoon is my very favorite time of day. The sun was behind the mountains and the weather was beautiful.

On our way home we stopped at Olive Garden to eat. Check out how hot our plates were. Eric is melting a crayon on it!

4 comments:

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

It looks like you are somewhere in UT. I can't believe Sadie, I think that I would have had a heart attack. she is like a little goat!

Kerri said...

You have much more endurance than I currently have in my pinkie! You all are so adventurous!

Kellie DeMille said...

I was just telling a friend about how fun your family is and all the fun places you take your kids! What a great little trip. Good luck with that Sadie, she will give you most of your gray hairs!

Rachael said...

Eli saw these pictures and say, 'Oh no-they went and climbed rocks?' He is sad you went and we didn't! FYI-he is on the ground crying about it! Too funny!
Looks like fun! I am jealous you went to OG-I really want to try the dish I see on TV!