Friday, November 20, 2009

A Halloween Problem

I bought two new pairs of glasses on-line, from zennioptical.com. If you have to buy glasses, I highly recommend this site. I bought both of my pairs for $8 a piece, which included frames and lenses. And shipping is only something like $4, for as many pairs that you want to buy. But anyway, as soon as I put them on, I discovered what should have been my Halloween costume, if only I would have dressed up. I should have gone as my mother! When Megan got home from school she said, "You look just like Grandma." And Eric kind of just stared at me, and told me he thought the same thing.


If only I could wear them as well as she does. And if only I had her mouth. And if only my bangs fell the way hers do. If only, if only, if only.....

Also, Halloween related.....

I am curious what you all do with your Halloween candy. As you can see, I have a lot left. When my kids first got it, they sorted it and threw away all of the candy that they thought they wouldn't like. Unfortunately that only amounted to about 8 pieces. The pile doesn't seem to be dwindling, and I attribute it to 3 main reasons:

1) Eric is usually a candy eater, but this year for some reason he is not eating it. Eric if you are reading this, leave me a comment and let me know your reasons.

2) I don't particularly enjoy candy, so when the snickers are gone, I am no help at all.

3) Jackson and Sadie would eat candy all day if I let them, but I only allow my kids one or two pieces a day.

"Please let me know what happens to your candy?
Do you let your kids eat as much as they want on Halloween, just to get rid of it?
How much candy do your kids eat everyday?"



7 comments:

Rachael said...

We got rid a lot of the candy that night by recycling it back to kids. I will take the Butterfingers and Almond Joys off your hands if you insist! I let the kids have 2 pieces a day as well.
You look adorable in these glasses and Sadie is definitely your daughter...the resemblance is crazy!

Kellie DeMille said...

Wow, you are your Mom's mini me! Too cute! Sad to say I eat the Halloween candy, I love candy, but it does not love me.(Hence the hips) The kids get a few pieces a day and then I try to send it with the guys to work for snacks just so I won't eat it all :)

Cardalls said...

you still have Reese's left??? Shocking because I stole all those the night of for my stash! my kids are over the Halloween candy, I was just thinking it was time to dump it (when they are at school of course).

Eric said...

I eat a few pieces here and there. I'd like to say it is great self control, but you must be rubbing off on me because most of the time I just walk by and have no desire to eat any.

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

When Halloween rolls around I realize that we still have a ton of candy from last year so we just dump it and the cycle starts over.
Love your glasses, are they prescription or just readers?

Autumn said...

I let my kids pig out on Halloween and then they get 2 pieces in their lunch at school and one after school until it is gone. All the chocolate gets eaten at my house and then I take the left over lollipops and smarties and when I teach primary I use it as a bribe for good behavior. It is amazing how much you look like your mom!!

marie eldredge said...

Always love your blog, Sarah. I wish I were as faithful updating mine. Your kids will love having this record of their lives. Also, love the glasses. Thanks for the heads up on the great website. I may just look into that.