Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sadie Of Wal-Mart

I don't know how many of you have ever seen the web-site called People of Wal-Mart. If you haven't click here to discover some hilarity. The site mostly features people in various states of unusual dress and undress. Then picture me and Sadie at Wal-Mart. Then picture Sadie getting diarrhea. Then picture her getting it all over her clothes. Oh, and all over the floor. Now since Sadie is long past the age that I carry around diapers and wipes, FOR GOODNESS SAKES I WAS SHOPPING AT WAL-MART FOR THE DIRECT PURPOSE OF BUYING SADIE ELMO UNDERWEAR, picture me ransacking the diapers and wipes aisle, and changing her diaper and cleaning her up in the less than hygienic bathrooms. And finally picture us continuing to shop with Sadie proudly strutting her stuff (because you know she WILL NOT sit in a cart) while multitudes of people stared and I am sure thought to themselves "What is wrong with that woman? What white trash, bringing her baby out with only a diaper on!" But watching that little girl of mine so unself-conscious will probably be a highlight of my year. Definitely worth a few stares and judgments.

Oh and you should have seen some of the stares, and looks of confusion, I received from the other parents when I had to pick Jackson up from Kindergarten a few minutes later! I may start bringing her there naked everyday to see what happens.

13 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

You crack me up. I am so glad you take your camera everywhere to entertain me. :) I have seen the people at walmart and they are seriously out of control. Sadie's was nothing compared to the people that are on there. Besides she is darling. Maybe people were just starting because she is so cute.

bloodfamily said...

Thats one for Mother of the Year. Hey what would they think if you left her in her poopy clothes - what would they think then? Huh? I tell you, people judge too quickly. I wish that we could all have Sadie's confidence - though she will probably kill you when she gets older! You can always use this photo as blackmail...

Jossie said...

Nice :-) She is so stinkin' cute though!

Kerri said...

Oh my goodness! I would have gone crazy- unglued, frantic and raced home. Not because of what everyone would think but the mess! You made it fun! What a good Momma you are! Is Sadie feeling better?

Matt & Mandy Evans said...

how funny sarah! You really have to love a girl that can strut it at walmart in next to nothing!!most of us which we had that kind of confidence.

Graham said...

I've never experienced the diarrhea all over the floor but just this week Ashlyn peed her pants and the floor in Target.

Cardalls said...

I love it! Made me laugh so hard...love that you are a Mom who doesn't care what people think and you go about your business...so great!

Rachael said...

I would have bought an outfit for her b/c I care to much of what people think and I couldn't handle the stares! I think it is hilarious though! Good for you!

Amy Darrington-Baird said...

you should see the looks I get when I go out like that!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

She is so cute. I think tons of mom's have had similar days. It sounds like you handled it well. I would have been a little more stressed! :)

Sheree Flick Photography said...

That's the best post ever!

marie eldredge said...

Oh, Sarah. That story is so rich! Thank you for the laugh. Sadie is awesome and way to go to you for thinking on your feet.

Kim G said...

You should send the photo into the people of Wal-mart blog!