Everyone that reads this blog knows that Jackson loves cars. Our friends the
Arnolds also know this, so when they decided to go out of town last weekend, they
bequeathed their Speedway race tickets to us. I will start off by saying, a night at the races isn't usually my scene, but I think I might have had the most fun out of all of us. It was a blast. All of the spectators were having so much fun, and I was up on my feet, yelling and clapping with all of them.




This was the first race we watched. I had no idea this was even legal, but an 11 year old was competing (and she was a girl! Woo-
Hoo). The winner ended up being a 13 year old! Who knew that you could drive a race car before you were 16. I had better sign Megan up now.



This was my absolute favorite part. And when I asked Megan and Jackson they said it was their favorite part too. They brought out about ten 18-wheelers to race. Everyone thought it was a joke, and that they were not really going to race. But they did! It was so exciting, and I even get goose bumps when I think about it now. At the very end, a truck from the back of the pack made his move, and slipped right in-between all of the trucks and sped to the finish line. I almost passed out from excitement. What made it even better were the 2 truck drivers sitting behind us, who kept exclaiming that they had never seen anything like this. I knew that since they were impressed, this must have been a pretty cool thing to witness.

It might have also had something to do with the ice cream.
8 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. maybe we will have to look into getting tickets sometime. Jake and Brandon would have a blast.
I'm so glad you could use the tickets and that you had a fun night! Our kids loved it when we went and they want to do it again!
I can't believe they were able to race 18 wheelers out there! That must have been a sight to see!
Wow, what a night! I bet Jackson was in heaven. Now you need to see the world of outlaw racing and the drag racing to see all of the racing events. Outlaw racing is on dirt. That's our favorite.
Is this what I pulled you away from on Sat night! Crap!!! I hope you got to see what you wanted! 2 shows in 1 night!
I love to watch things like that. We usually go to the NHRA Drag races. They are amazing. If you have never been I suggest going this October. It is so much fun.
Looks like fun! We've had a couple of offers for tickets but have never taken them...I think you have inspired me :)
I myself would have loved to see the semi's race. And I know that my boys would have enjoyed it too. It looks like the whole family enjoyed this unexpected event. I love when surprises turn out to be wonderful memories.
Your kids look so cute sitting on that bench together. Sadie looks adorable eating that huge chocolate ice cream.
Post a Comment