
"Home Sweet Home"
When my husband and I got married we were pretty poor. I had stopped working after I had my first daughter so we were trying to live on one income that at the time was not very much. We lived in Salt Lake City in an old, run-down apartment complex next to a refinery. I remember my Dad saying that sometime soon he thought we would be getting a house, and I thought he was crazy. Not too long after, my husband got a job offer in Las Vegas and we decided to move. A few months later we moved into our home, and we are still in it 6 years later. At the time we had one child and plenty of room. As more children have come, our house has seemed to shrink, but I truly could not be more grateful for it. As a child, we moved around a lot. Mostly within the same town, but from apartment to apartment. I did not mind it much, but now having lived in one place for a few years, I realize how nice it is. But looking back to the early years of our marriage I find that I was truly just as happy then as I am now. Granted, I prefer where I am living now, but my heart was just as full.
11 comments:
very sweet. i definitely don't miss apartment living...
What a great post! I love the picture of your honey carrying you over the threshold...itsn't it funny how quickly our homes shrink as our families grow...but so does the love, right?
I love the picture.
There is nothing like home -- no matter where it is.
I think you need to start doing SEPT on Tuesdays: Sarah & Eric's Portrait Tuesday!
You are so cute! It is amazing how fast your house fills up even if it isn't with children...just stuff!
aaahhh. cute pic of you and your hubby. I'm glad you're settled in in LV.
Love the threshold pic. Thanks for sharing that!
That is such a cute photo! I love feeling "settled".
What a cute picture! I too am so glad to be out of apartment living, but we have some very fond memories of those days.
Super cute picture.
That is a really cute picture. Did Megan take it?
That is such a cute picture and such a great post!!!
Post a Comment