Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SPT


"The Twilight's Last Gleaming"

Twilight is truly my favorite time of day. I love to be at home watching my kids play after the hot Las Vegas sun has gone down, but my favorite place to be during the twilight hour, is driving in the car. I love to be able to lean back, with my sunglasses off, and watch the scenery (mostly buildings, dirt, and desert) as we pass by. Everything always looks so clean and calm to me. What I think I will remember most about twilight from now on is taking this picture. I am sticking my head out of our sun roof, and trying to take a picture of myself while my husband drives as fast as he can down a fairly short road. We didn't just drive down this road once, we had to do it multiple times until I could get the picture I wanted. Not only did my kids keep asking me what I was doing, but there were also a good number of strangers around who probably thought I was crazy. It was worth it for the good laugh my husband and I were able to get. Doing SPT is really helping me get over any embarrassment issues I may have.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

sarah, i LOVE this. i love that you pushed yourself outside of some embarrassment issues. i love that your husband humored you by going down the road again and again.

i love that you now have this memory forever.

this is really turning out to be one of my fave spt challenges so far...

Rachael said...

Sarah...all I have to say is you crack me up! And Eric is such a great sport to do this with you! Great pictures!

me said...

Those are some great pictures!

Lene said...

I LOVE that picture. What a fun idea and way to push your own limits!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute that your husband and kids helped with this SPT. And you gave your neighbors something to contemplate!!!

Barb said...

I also love an evening drive.

Courtney said...

Ha Ha! I am so laughing right now...yeah, so much for random snaps...I have been know to take several of the same shot until I get 'the one!' I love that you were after the perfect shot!

Windy said...

How fun - riding with your head out the sunroof. How sweet of your family to put up with your desire to get just the right shot!

Bren's Life said...

How fun.. That is so unique to do. Love your fun idea & creativity..

janna said...

great pictures

Alisa said...

You are so fun!
You just made some lasting memories too!

The Monkeys said...

This sound so fun! My husband always does a "what are you doing" and then a "Oh, it's Tuesday, isn't it!" He would have loved driving fast down a short road while I was out the sunroof! Got to love a good man!

rachel said...

Sarah, you are way too funny!!! Those pictures turned out so cute! I wish I had been there to see you and your family trying to get the right shot.:)

Melody said...

K great pics! You are so dang beautiful!:)