
Today starts a new month of challenges.
Tuesday June 3rd: The Emblem Of The Land I Love
Tuesday June 10th: The Twilight's Last Gleaming
Tuesday June 17th: My Home Sweet Home
Tuesday June 24th: Stars And/Or Stripes Forever
"The Emblem Of The Land I Love"
As a child I have very vivid memories of watching people on T.V. from Russia (or the U.S.S.R. as we called it back then), or any other number of foreign country coming to the United States and marveling that we could walk right into a grocery store and buy any item we wanted. I know things have changed in the last 25 years, but I think being able to walk into a giant warehouse store, past a sea of SUV's is pretty uniquely American. We like our food and cars to come in bulk size. Within a few miles of my home, we have a Costco, Sam's Club, 3 Wal-Mart's, a Vons, 2 Smith's, and one Lucky Grocery Store.
11 comments:
i think *big box stores* are definitely an American phenomenon!!
I love it Sarah! Great idea! I bet it wasn't too hard to find a few SUV's clustered together!
I always spend to much $$$ at Sam's, but I love it too.
Oh...Costco trips tend to be very bad for my checkbook...thus, I only go once a month. SUPER SIZE is so american!
You are so right! Love your SPT!
Great SPT.
I am afraid that super-sized is uniquely American.
Oh ya gotta love Costco--the $100 store!
I love Costco, but does anyone ever walk out with less than $100 bill? :-) I just find so many "extras". I considered the SUV thing too. Great post!
Costco is great, but I tend to try and not shop there because I buy WAY too much. But apparently so does everybody else that has commented!
That's perfect America! Super size me, please!
What a good point. I never thought of that... Great SPT!
Post a Comment