Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Flipper Bowl 2014

This years Flipper Bowl was epic. I don't have pictures of all of the decorations and work that went into it, but believe me when I tell you that it was awe inspiring.
 
The festivities started off with a tailgate party. We were a bit late getting there which proved to be fortuitous since it meant more people were outside to see our grand entrance:

 
Along with flag waving, there was also lots of honking and woo-hooing involved.
 
After dinner it was time to head inside for the main event.
 
 
 This year for the first rounds men played against men, women played against women, boys 18 and under played against each other, and girls 18 and under played against each other.
 
I actually played this year but was eliminated in the first round.
 
 
But Eric, Jackson and Sadie were victorious and moved up the leader boards quickly.
 

 
Eric and Jackson were eliminated right before the semi-finals, but Sadie kept taking opponents down and made it to the Women's Divisional Conference Championship. She is seriously good. Seriously.
 
 
It was a tough battle but she ended up losing by 3 points (she missed her 3 of her extra points after touchdowns). But overall she ended up 8th out of 94 people!
 
The final battle took place between Gina and Cody, with Cody as victor!
 

Fun night.

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck, I love your ward!! Please take us back! I was hoping Stake Conference would shake things up a bit and change some boundaries, but no luck :( That Sadie is amazing!! Love, love, love Shadow Creek!

The Hardy's said...

It was epic this year. The Keser's did an awesome job. You got some great pictures of your grand entrance...that was epic!

Rachael said...

I am sad I missed it! I think Amy and I are going to start this in our ward next year...