February 2014 marks my 5th year of doing 12 X 12's. As always I have been doing a bit of reminiscing and had to go back and look at my first one and found this gem:
Sade couldn't get over how little Eli looked.
This month's 12 X 12 took place on a Wednesday, my busiest day of the week! Not only do I have my inordinate amount of school drop offs and pick ups, but on Wednesdays Jackson has his battle of the books meeting, Sade and Megan have cheerleading, Megan has piano, Jackson has scouts and Megan has Young Women's. It is overwhelming for a home body like me.
My day started off as it usually does, getting Sade and Jackson ready for school and packing their respective lunches (Jackson) and snacks (Sadie). Sadie wanted to take a Danimals and some crackers as her snack and got them out. She has started placing sticky notes around the house on the food that she has deemed hers, including the Danimals:

(She is making this face on purpose).
On the way to school I held up the camera and told the kids to smile:

Instead they made these faces which I didn't know about until I looked back at the pictures.
On Wednesday I was also doing laundry. Tucker LOVES to sit on all of it and consequently it gets covered in dog hair. Oh the humanity!

I had gone grocery shopping the day before and had not yet put all of the food away in the pantry. As I put it away on Wednesday morning I discovered another Sadie sticky note claiming the
Go Go Squeez as hers:

After Kinder pick-up Sade has lunch and then usually watches a bit of T.V. before doing her homework and helping me clean the house. While watching she is generally "starving" and has to have numerous snacks. The strawberries from Sam's Club have been HUGE lately:

Soon it was time to pick-up Megan from school. We ran her home so she could get one more practice in before her piano lesson that afternoon:

Then it was back to the school for cheer practice. Sade portraying after school cheer practice jubilation:

We picked up Jackson from his Battle of The Books meeting (a month long reading challenge he is doing), picked up Sade from cheer, dropped Megan off at piano, and then headed to Chipotle to pick up dinner:

I felt like I was running late all afternoon, and kept putting off filling my car up with gas. So it was no surprise when I discovered I had zero miles left to empty:

You would think this would be a catalyst to fill up, but sadly it was not. I will put off getting gas for as long as possible and in fact did not end up getting gas until the next morning after dropping Jackson and Sade off at school. I probably drove at least 10 miles with that zero miles to empty message haunting me.
We arrived home to discover that Eric had arrived home just a few minutes before us. Sade was overjoyed:

I love when Eric comes home too, but on Wednesdays I especially love it when he is home before 6 pm because it means he can generally help me get the kids to their different activities.
We ate dinner, and then Jackson and Eric headed out to scouts and Young Men's (he had an early Young Men's meeting). He then dropped Jackson off at the house after scouts, picked up Megan for Young Women's and headed back to the church. Which meant I didn't have to leave the house at all! Yippee!
Jackson and Sade spent the rest of the evening doing homework and making finishing touches to their Valentines for their parties the next day (we had no school on Valentines day):

As I do every year I bought store Valentines, but also bought bubbles and special Valentines tape to gussy them up a bit. I know, I know, impressive.
Megan and Eric were late getting home because Eric ran Megan to the grocery store to buy some doughnuts for Valentines that Megan was making:

Bonus picture:

Her completed masterpieces.
Normal, good day.
My day started off as it usually does, getting Sade and Jackson ready for school and packing their respective lunches (Jackson) and snacks (Sadie). Sadie wanted to take a Danimals and some crackers as her snack and got them out. She has started placing sticky notes around the house on the food that she has deemed hers, including the Danimals:
(She is making this face on purpose).
On the way to school I held up the camera and told the kids to smile:
Instead they made these faces which I didn't know about until I looked back at the pictures.
On Wednesday I was also doing laundry. Tucker LOVES to sit on all of it and consequently it gets covered in dog hair. Oh the humanity!
I had gone grocery shopping the day before and had not yet put all of the food away in the pantry. As I put it away on Wednesday morning I discovered another Sadie sticky note claiming the
Go Go Squeez as hers:
After Kinder pick-up Sade has lunch and then usually watches a bit of T.V. before doing her homework and helping me clean the house. While watching she is generally "starving" and has to have numerous snacks. The strawberries from Sam's Club have been HUGE lately:
Soon it was time to pick-up Megan from school. We ran her home so she could get one more practice in before her piano lesson that afternoon:
Then it was back to the school for cheer practice. Sade portraying after school cheer practice jubilation:
We picked up Jackson from his Battle of The Books meeting (a month long reading challenge he is doing), picked up Sade from cheer, dropped Megan off at piano, and then headed to Chipotle to pick up dinner:
I felt like I was running late all afternoon, and kept putting off filling my car up with gas. So it was no surprise when I discovered I had zero miles left to empty:
You would think this would be a catalyst to fill up, but sadly it was not. I will put off getting gas for as long as possible and in fact did not end up getting gas until the next morning after dropping Jackson and Sade off at school. I probably drove at least 10 miles with that zero miles to empty message haunting me.
We arrived home to discover that Eric had arrived home just a few minutes before us. Sade was overjoyed:
I love when Eric comes home too, but on Wednesdays I especially love it when he is home before 6 pm because it means he can generally help me get the kids to their different activities.
We ate dinner, and then Jackson and Eric headed out to scouts and Young Men's (he had an early Young Men's meeting). He then dropped Jackson off at the house after scouts, picked up Megan for Young Women's and headed back to the church. Which meant I didn't have to leave the house at all! Yippee!
Jackson and Sade spent the rest of the evening doing homework and making finishing touches to their Valentines for their parties the next day (we had no school on Valentines day):
As I do every year I bought store Valentines, but also bought bubbles and special Valentines tape to gussy them up a bit. I know, I know, impressive.
Megan and Eric were late getting home because Eric ran Megan to the grocery store to buy some doughnuts for Valentines that Megan was making:
Bonus picture:
Her completed masterpieces.
Normal, good day.
4 comments:
First off: I am honored to be in your first 12x12...love that place to eat too!!! Everyone looks sooo little!
Look at Megan's cute valentines! They are ADORABLE!
Your Wednesdays are crazy busy!!!!
Those strawberries are HUGE! And dog hair on the laundry! Oye-vey!!!!
I know that laundry is not your favorite so to get dog hair on it is not cool! I am a home body as well and love it when I don't have to leave the house!
I would be sweating bullets all day if the car told me 0 miles left! Did you ever see that Seinfeld where Cosmo was test driving a car and drove it like 100 miles over the empty gas sign? Hilarious! Your Wednesdays sound awful!! The post its are too funny, does anyone pay any attention to them? Does she have them all over the tomatoes? :) The first picture is a crack up, I knew it was you and Rachael but had to do a double take to figure out who the kids were. Laundry is a curse word in our house. My Mother in Law loves to come to our house and fold our laundry and reminisce about when her kids were little. I look at her a little crazy but then I worry I may turn into her too one day :)
Awww, the kids are so little in that first picture! That Sadie is too cute with her sticky notes. I love Megan's valentines. I am so glad you did not run out of gas. I have to fill up at 1/2 tank or I am worried that it will mysteriously and dramatically drop to E and I'll be stranded somewhere with a car full of cranky kids. Nightmarish I tell you!
Post a Comment